Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
very nice rig

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
Did you do the install of the BDS/Fabtech kit yourself? How easy was it? How much higher is the ass end sitting. Also, do you think the long arms will accommodate a 2" spacer on the spring?

·
2,032 Posts
Really interested in your info on the installation. I just ordered the Fabtech 5.5" system which is basically the same as the BDS I understand. Did you have to do any grinding on the front drive shaft at the u-joint area?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for the comments. I had the lift installed by an offroad shop near my house. They had a very difficult time getting the control arms and rear leaf springs off. Had to do some cutting. The bolts were seized up good. No grinding was done on the front drive shaft. The truck sits 45'' in the front from ground to top of the wheel well. Probably would be taller if I didn't have the brush guard. The rear is 47''. IMHO the long arm kit would easilly handle the 2'' spacers. More than likely I will get the 2'' spacers in the spring.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey davcruz. You had me thinking the other day about the comment on grinding the cv joint. Thanx for bringing it up. We lifted my truck up today and realized that the front driveshaft can lock up when the axle is fully extended.........thats a lot of travel!!!! . I don't usually jump my truck but it does happen from time to time. I don't think I wanna grind the joint and make it weak. I think it would just be cheaper and easier to get limiting straps. I generally go mud boggin or hill climbing so I will be fine for now. I'll let you guys know what I end up doin. thanx again.

·
2,032 Posts
That is what I was afraid of. I think the instructions for the kit tell you to grind the contact point a bit, but I don't know as my kit is not here yet. I am surprised that Fabtech/RCD did not take this into account and have the arm shortened a tiny bit to rotate the axle up some, although I know that would change the camber/caster a bit.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
awesome truck, love the tire/rim combo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lookin' Good! :rck:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey thanx for the comments guys.

I was thinking of getting a roll bar with some lights, but I use the cap too much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.