So, what's your opinion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I voted for #3, all blue without the conversion. #6 is pretty cool as well.Whenever I see different color hoods I always think it's a junkyard hood or they bought a hood and never had it painted, even though I know better.
I agree. Thats why I liked the one painted to match with the black scoop

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
i like the look of photo 2 and 6 the best

·
Registered
179 Posts
I vote #4 with the hood from #5.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I like #1 if you're gonna stay 02-05 style and #2 if your gonna do 06-08 style.

KB

·
-Ben-
498 Posts
What about #6 with a srt bumper, that would look sick if your not wanting to do the 06 conversion. Bad thing about the 06 srt bumper is that there like 3 times more than an 05. I was briefly thinking of an srt bumper untill I saw the prices.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
2 or 6

An 06+ conversion will up the resale of your truck. #1 looks like a six year old truck. #2 looks like a one year old truck. Since you'll be painting it either way, now is the time to do it. If you do it later, you have to repaint it all again.

Number 2 with blacked out heads would be sick.
I thought about the black headlight, but if I do the conversion,I would get clear 06+ (I'd have to make them like we were discussing in that other thread). I feel like the clear headlights ties the rims together.

This is going to sound dumb.

I voted 3 but ment 2.

I guess, "The balot was confusing":D
Come on! How much easier could I make it :p

why would it look funny when it originally came with those wheels and hood? well, cept the painted insert, that looked kinda funny
Yeah, but the SRTs never had the Daytona kit on it.

I also like the 06-up front end better. If you think the srt bumper looks funny, then why not just go with a sport or laramie 06-up bumper?
I thought about that, and wanted to do the Sport bumper but the problem is I have the Daytona/Thunderroad kit, and the lip won't fit on the 06+ bumpers, will it? I remember ShikityShack saying it couldn't. He bought the lip that works with the 06+ bumpers but it's like $400! I'm not going to go that route...too much. Sure does look good on his though.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I voted 1 and 6. I like the '02-05 front end better than the '06-08 personally. I'd like to see dual racing strips down the middle as an option too though.
I like the idea of racing stripes. If I did them, I would do them silver. Anyone want to photoshop it? LOL
2839814_111_full.jpg

Well 1, 2, and 6 are the only ones with more than 1 vote so far. Of those, 2 is the only one with the '06 front end and SRT bumper. I think it throws off the lines of the body kit too much personally, which is why I voted for 1 and 6.
I think so too, but looking at these pictures, it meets the rest of the kit's length, i guess. I think this truck looks great with the exception of fender gaps lol. it needs a drop!
DSC05980.JPG
DSC05979.JPG

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
All I know is id personally do the SRT swap whether its the 06 or 05 style... it will make the front of ur truck way more aggressive. and I like the idea of the black hood with scoop

·
Registered
238 Posts
# 2 was my pic. I think your right about the lights leave them clear. I want one of those SRT bumpers.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Voted #3

·
They call me Fred???
530 Posts
#6, but paint the mirrors as well!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Ya well your at it get the mirrors painted

·
Official HEMI SPORT Owner
1,359 Posts
#6.............Less is MORE!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I vote #1 or #3. The conversion looks good but not good enough for the extra expense, in my opinion. I've always liked the way the front bumper lines matched the headlights on the 02-05 models.

I do like the SRT bumper, but I would leave it the 02-05 style.

Look at painting the edge of your running boards blue to match the body, it makes a big difference on the overall look. Also, think about painting the mirrors too.

That truck looks good even with the cap on it!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.