DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been real cold so i let the truck warm up for maybe 10 minutes before i went to the dump today.anyway all seemed fine except i noticed it was charging at 15 volts according to my scan guage i have in my sig. usually its aroung 14.6, but anyway it was fine till i got home. the trip was maybe 5 miles if that. as soon as i truned into the driveway the engine just quit on me. after that i started it and it was idling up and down for a few seconds then would die. it did that everytime i tried to start it. so for the hell of it i took my power wire off. im not saying this is what did it but it didnt do that weird idle thing anymore. i just have a hard time believing the power wire caused this problem, it may have been coincidence.

it threw no codes but oddly my gas guage light went off like i had no gas. so i thought ok just to rule it out i went and tried to fill the tank but it only took 9 bucks.

maybe with all this cold there was some water oin the tank? im just tossin out ideas i really dont know. has anyone ever had anything like this happen? thanks, Mike

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Sounds to me like your battery is low. It might be time for an Optima Red Top. I think your altenator is charging higher just to put extra power back into the battery instead of just power the electronics.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i never gave that much thought. the truck has started fasntastic even wehn its 0 degrees out, but then again it is the original battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.