DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Thats awsome RAJ can't wait to see the vids and pics.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are telling me it should be ready friday, the head studs are back ordered so i hope they come in mid next week. also im doing a center dump with a 7" stack that will come out by the tow hitch

hopefully next month i can get that thing on the dyno and get you some numbers

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I'm looking forward to it. Today I ordered my gauges and boost fooler from Moe's, so I am getting there slowly...haha.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
hey tony you wanna go to pismo with us?
When abouts are you going?

Boost fooler? im still a bit confused about those.If I am running an EZ would it show any significant gains with it?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW...thats gonna be a monster. Are you worried about turbo lag on the street?
yeah but im running huge injectors and a cam to get that thing spooled up fast

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
That sounds do-able.I'll let ya know when the date come closer.One problem,I don't know how to get there lol

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
lol I got a Garmin.Didn't think it would pop up on it.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
yeah but im running huge injectors and a cam to get that thing spooled up fast
What is the benefit to running huge injectors? How does it help the turbo spool faster, and are there any ill effects? I would like to go as big as possible, but I dont want to have to wait 3 seconds for the truck to move after I hit the go pedal.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is the benefit to running huge injectors? How does it help the turbo spool faster, and are there any ill effects? I would like to go as big as possible, but I dont want to have to wait 3 seconds for the truck to move after I hit the go pedal.
the bigger injectors will dump a lot of fuel which will in return help the turbo spool faster; however, the down fall is that the truck will smoke more, and have higher egts, thus i will be looking into water/meth (just run water to keep things cool) the cam will help get the exhaust out of the motor faster in return help the turbo spool faster and get into the power band faster.

i think my truck will be pretty smokey during normal driving but i dont drive in town much, i do a lot of hwy driving

When you race, you will most likely be in 4hi and built about 15psi of boost, from what i have read the silver bullet lights up around 10-15psi and everyone has said that you better hold onto something ones that thing starts to spool.

if your going to tow, maybe you should look into a 64 and later put a big turbo on the bottom with 220hp injectors

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol I got a Garmin.Didn't think it would pop up on it.
i will help you find the way, just go west until you hit the beach then drive south, until you see a sh** load of lifted trucks.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
the bigger injectors will dump a lot of fuel which will in return help the turbo spool faster; however, the down fall is that the truck will smoke more, and have higher egts, thus i will be looking into water/meth (just run water to keep things cool) the cam will help get the exhaust out of the motor faster in return help the turbo spool faster and get into the power band faster.

i think my truck will be pretty smokey during normal driving but i dont drive in town much, i do a lot of hwy driving

When you race, you will most likely be in 4hi and built about 15psi of boost, from what i have read the silver bullet lights up around 10-15psi and everyone has said that you better hold onto something ones that thing starts to spool.

if your going to tow, maybe you should look into a 64 and later put a big turbo on the bottom with 220hp injectors
I havent even started to look into a cam swap. Will that make it any less streetable? I dont tow anything, but I need something somewhat reliable on the street that screams at the track.

I like the idea of less lag with the 62, but how much power do you think I would be leaving on the table compared to the 64?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.