DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
don't dodge it ram it
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad started off to work in his 2007 dodge ram 1500 and hits a patch of ice on a steep hill by the time he reaches the bottom of this steep hill he has picked up enough speed that The speedometer read 35 when he hit the tree. heres the damage that resulted.

so far the insurance adjuster estimated the damage at 5,650 however the insurance adjuster stated that he may have missed several parts so the body shop has been instructed to call him with anything that he missed so he can give them the price.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Doh! So did the tree eat the grille while it was at it ;)

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
OUCH!!! hope he's ok (never know even on these smaller crashes)

did it pop the airbags?

1500?? thats a 2500 CTD.......lots of weight in the front of that bad boy

·
don't dodge it ram it
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 2007 Cummins Diesel truck. no i dont think it deployed the airbags but then again it might have i never looked on the inside i looked at the outside of the truck when i went to give dad a ride for a rental car as far as the grill goes its in about 9 pieces right now in the back of the truck.

·
Milo
1,426 Posts
Is your dad okay ? Sure did make a mess of the front end.

·
don't dodge it ram it
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea dad is fine he's more upset about the truck i had to drive a 60 mile round trip to give them a ride to the store and the rental car company.

·
TXHEMI21
65 Posts
so was the truck considered totaled??

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Srt hood and upgraded intercooler!! Sport front end! Look on the bright side!! ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Glad he's ok, most airbags won't deploy unless you are going over a certain speed, usually over 35.

·
Boomer Sooners
669 Posts
yeah i took out six of those little *******s then they called in their big brother and he kicked my ass. one thing about dodges is they are good for front impact. i hit the trees at 85 and walked away

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Wow...that would suck. Glad he's okay though! Nows the time to get a SRT hood for the hell of it? :D

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Ouch!!!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
oh man that sucks - glad he is ok

·
don't dodge it ram it
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i am glad he is okay too i have loved his truck every since he bought it. that color of blue is just AWESOME. to see it wrecked almost makes me wanna drink a 30 pack on the other hand what dont make me wanna do that

·
2014 1500 4x4 Laramie CC
431 Posts
Looks ugly but I'm sure totally fixable. I did worse than that on my '02 twice :bawl:

What grill did he have? When he gets it fixed he can probably have his choice of oem grills.

I had some chick turn left in front of me on a solid green when I was doing about 40. I must have been at about 35 on impact but my airbags did not deploy. I'm glad they didn't there was no need for them, the Ram protected me well. If they had the cost of them probably would have totalled the truck.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
pull that old messed up bumper cap off and send it my way :D

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
pull that old messed up bumper cap off and send it my way :D
:thatfunny There you are in Texas and i got a deal for you, A friend has a Atlantic blue SRT hood and wants to trade stock and 200 bucks for it. Hes probably going to loose the truck and its going with it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.