DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having trouble with my 04 ram hemi. last night on the way home i tried to pass someone twice and when i hit wot my truck died. no power. soon as i went to half throttle or less it was fine. i was thinking fuel filter at first but thats usually will still let you have power and the rpms will climb, just slower than with a good filter. but no, i had no power like a switch had turned off.

very possibly related, i have no cruise control now. the light comes on but it doesn't work. what do you guys think it could be. these two problems surfaced together within 20 minutes of each other so i'm betting they're related. thanks,
jason

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
I have an 04 4.7L and it still has a cable to control the throttle body. I think the Hemi has a drive by wire throttle control unit, so I wonder if it is acting up? Or maybe the sensor that detects how much you are pressing the gas pedal? Not sure ... maybe you could reset the PCM - it would not hurt at least.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it works fine today! but i'd still like to have an idea in case it does it again. it very well could be something where the computer gets told the throttle input but we have some sort of backup or safety for everything but wot. that makes sense why the cruise couldnt tell the truck what to do.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There are probably several codes that have not lit the "Check Engine" light yet. Worse, if the fault is intermittent the problem is even harder to diagnose.
I've had similar problems at light throttle. The "Lightning Bolt" in the lower right-hand part of the speedometer display lights up momentarily then goes out. When that happens, the Cruise Control will not work.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no lights so far. i have a cheap code puller though. how long does the computer store codes, especially ones that never triggered a light.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The codes will remain until you clear them. Your code reader may be able to clear them. There is a code list that tells you what the fault is. Do a search on here for "code list". Also, some Autozone stores will lend you a code reader that is capable of clearing the codes if you have Autozone in your area.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
definitely not hitting the rev limiter. we're talking 45mph, 2nd gear hits at 3500 rpm or so and no power.

it is of little concern at the moment as i have had only one day with it, and it hasnt reoccured since. but it would be nice to brainstorm for if/when it comes back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.