DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home on the interstate the other day and my truck just shut off. I finally got it over to the shoulder and tried restarting it. It ran the first time for about 15 secs then died... but it never got over 500 rpms and it sputtered. I got it to the auto shop and tried to start it and it ran for about 5 secs and sputtered out, again not goin over 500 rpms. Any idea what could be wrong?

Also, AAA sent the wrong tow truck so they towed me for 20 miles by hooking up to the front end and pulling me(I was in neutral when being pulled). When the flat bed truck came the guy said that the 1st tow truck could have messed up my transmission by pulling me from the front and told me to have it looked at. Is this something I should really look into? I was towed about 20 miles at about 50-55 mph from the front. Thanks...

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well I just found out it was the fuel pump.. but I'm still clueless about the transmission...

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Well, it certainly isn't real good for the transmission to be spun while there isn't any pump pressure. Eventhough you were in neutral, the driveshaft still spins the transmission via the output shaft. If it did damage the transmission, you know who to go after....they should have towed the truck from the rear.

You may be having trouble with the fuel pump.

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I just got the truck back and she runs fine... Luckily, there weren't any transmission problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.