DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn kids :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :mad: :mad: :mad: .........I was driving under an pedestrain overpass tonight driving 100 kms ( 60 mph) on the hwy when a couple of kids threw a rock off the overpass which broke apart after striking my bumper, grill, right fender, hood, windshield, roof and the leading edge of the top of the canopy. It left two major scratches in the front bumper, 2" round dent above the right headlight, chipped the edge of the bug guard, several small impacts on the hood, several chips out of the windshield and right wiper blade, couple of small dents in the roof and gouged the leading edge of my canopy...I pulled over right away and because it was dark I couldn't see the damage until I got home...I then called the police and they told me have been taking reports of kids throwing rocks off the overpasses in the area......called the 24 hr insurance line and their systems are down.....go figure :VHOT: .

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man...that sucks. I tell you one thing your a better man than me. I'd be in jail right now. Thats the problem these days... parents don't beat there kids a#### enough. In the words of Kings of Comedy " I'll beat a kid in the head with a hammer jumping on my couch like he aint got no G** D*** sense"

Note** I dont have any kids so don't report me to CPS. I have none to beat LOL.

·
Chairman of the Bored
63 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear about that. That takes me back to around 1991 or so, the wife of a guy I knew at work was actually killed from kids doing that - she was in a mid-80s Thunderbird and some punk kids threw a cinder block from an overpass, it bounced off a big-rig's trailer that she was passing and it came right into her windshield and killed her... so it sucks your truck got damaged, but be glad you yourself weren't hurt. :)

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Yankee said:
Damn, sorry to hear about that. That takes me back to around 1991 or so, the wife of a guy I knew at work was actually killed from kids doing that - she was in a mid-80s Thunderbird and some punk kids threw a cinder block from an overpass, it bounced off a big-rig's trailer that she was passing and it came right into her windshield and killed her... so it sucks your truck got damaged, but be glad you yourself weren't hurt. :)
Wow.....did they get the little chit????

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was driving a 2005 Durango down a dark country(ish) road and some punk kids threw 4 eggs at me at 2am. They broke my passanger window and left 3 golf ball size dents in the door. I slammed the brakes and took off through the field after them while on the phone with the police. Eventually one of the fat ones ran out of breath and I was able to lead the cops straight to him. I got a new window and a new door! Too bad i didn't have a lasso, I could have had some real fun with the chunky butt.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Several years ago in Houston, some kids threw a chunk of concrete off of an overpass and killed a woman driving. I can't remember the whole story but I believe they caught the kids and charged them with manslaughter. It doesn't take much of a rock when you are traveling at highway speeds to kill you.

Glad you're alright, sorry about your truck.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
I live in Houston and I remember a while back that some kids changed the barrels that shut down lanes of traffic and it directed the cars into a wall. Well one lady wasnt paying attention and drove headlong into it at 75mph. It killed her outright. The car burst into flames and before EMS vehicles got there the car was burned all the way through. Also, about 5 years ago, some punks stole a stop sign and killed a woman. Its amazing what kids can get away with. I dunno, if I was their parents I would lock them up and beat them with a steel rod every thirty minutes in 5 minute sessions. that'll teach the little b*stards.

·
New Project!...Again!
3,261 Posts
That just pisses me off. The thought of kids doing that becuase its "Fun".... How about I shoot out your knees becuase I think its "Fun"....lol They just dont understand that it isnt entertainment. You can take a life without even meaning to do so.

Sorry about the truck man. I am sure it will be fixed in no time.

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, just got off the phone with the insurance company, got an appointment to see them Monday.....I am so cheesed....found additional damage under the truck too. Have a good size dent in the floor board on the passenger side. I just hope they can match the paint and repair the damage properly. This just bites the big one.
It was too dark to make them out.....all I saw was a couple of kids running down the stairs from the pedestrian overpass. By the time I got stopped I was too far to catch these punks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
That is crazy. If I ever had something like that happen to my truck I would hunt down some kids with a vengance. I would definately end up in jail. Do the cops have any leads on who they are?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
If this happened to me, I'd be posting this message from jail because those little *******s woulda been dead.

·
Registered
609 Posts

·
Drug Dealer
666 Posts
Damn Canadians :can_pat:

Just kidding, that sucks man. I hope you come out ahead in then end. I usually do when I deal with insurance companies. Maybe it's just me. :dunno:

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
that sucks man, at least your ok..

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys.....no didn't catch those ---- - ------- hopefully the police will catch them in the act.....I was the second one to report being hit from that overpass .....what really sucks is that I work hard to keep it in nice shape......and then you get some ....well you know.... ruin it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sorry to hear about this....really sucks that kids today have to "entertain" themselves by causing damage to other peoples hard-earned property.
Glad to hear you are ok....hope it all works out!

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
Damn dude that sucks. I hope the insurance company treats you right. Reminds me of the time over at my now old H.S. were some little b*stard of a kid kicked one of my friends doors in because he couldn't take him home. He ended up walking home with a broken nose literally.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mama always told me "what goes around comes around." Hopefully that'll be true for these little douche bags.

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Its a shame how some parents raise their kids these days. Hope everything gets fixed the way you want.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
wow bad news...well on the bright side at least you didnt get hurt.....smashed windshield at 60 mph====more hurt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.