DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Ramman
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck crushed my head, I could had died..

I was off-roading with my kids on some sand dunes. A place they call the “Wall”, cause the dunes are 3 to 4 stories tall, and some are almost straight up. My truck dominates this hills, as long as I lower the tire pressure. That day went to 12Psi front and 10Psi rear. As I powered up one hill, I turned and my front tire came off the rim, lost out side bead.

So I asked for some help from other wheelers. We used a stock jack to lift the truck, but the jack kept falling or sinking. We thought we had up, and started to dig a hole under the tire, to pull the rubber back on the rim and re fill air. I was behind the front passenger tire, under the front door digging out the back side of the tire.

With no warning at all, the truck fell, on my skull. …

I should have died, the people there thought I was going to die.

As the truck bounced up, I pulled my head out.

The bottom of the door (where the stock jack point is) cut the top of my ear off. So there was blood ever ware. My son was freaking out on me, he just found his grand dad dead in bed a few day before, and almost saw me get killed. So to keep him cool, I put a smile on my face and acted like it was nothing, no pain or anything.

Well the people helping me, finally pulled the truck up on compacted dirt, a few yards away, and the damn tire popped back on the rim, and filled right up with air. Off roading for me was still over, as my glasses would not hold on to my head, as my ear was cut off.

Another Dodge truck owner 03RAMIT on Dodgetalk, and my brother came out the pick up the truck and take me the emergency room.

Lesson, do not put head under jacked up truck that is on sand.

At the emergency room,,,

I walked in with a towel on my head, holding my ear on. The clerk asked me what happened, I removed the towel to expose what was left of my ear. I then told her a tuck fell on my head. She looked at me to see if I was kidding, my dad who was there, confirmed what I said. The lady got up and walked away. I was thinking WTF?, about 10 seconds later I had about ½ of the emergency room on me, and people yelling “Truma1!!”. They started poking me with needles, and probing me, hell I was not in real pain, till the started poking me with needles.

Then as they stitched back on my ear, the doctor had to poke me with lots of numbing needles, and I still felt the needles. I finally told the doctor to forget the damn numbing needings, and just start stitching, about the same pain. I was wrong, stitches hurt on a sanative ear.

Okay short story..

Off roading
Tire came off rim
Jacked up truck to fix tire
Truck fell on my head, cut my ear off.
Had to play it cool for the kids.
Doctors gave me more pain then the actual loss of my ear.

Lesson:
Do not have head or any other body part under a jacked up tuck on sand.

I have also re named my truck

Mike Tyson,,,, think about it.

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Thank God you're still with us man.

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
damn bro, i cant say i know what it like but thank god you are OK. so is your sand dune career over, i know mine would be.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
WOW Glad your ok now, thats a crazy story man, glad your pretty much alright, hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
how about this rule instead......do not put your head under a vehicle without stands.

·
Registered
169 Posts
WOW thank goodness you are allright. You should consider yourself very lucky, hope your recovery is a quick and painless one.

·
Retired Guy
1,239 Posts
WOW
but,,, MIke Tyson LOL that is a good one..
glad you are here to tell us about it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
any pics.

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
WOW !! Thank God You are still alive man !! You got very lucky with that one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Recovery

Dude glad your OK and seem to have a pretty good sense of humor about it. That was quick thinking while your in pain and bleeding like shit to realize to keep it together. Next time and I know there will be a next time. Do not, I repeat! Do not put your head under the tire, we as human's are not meant to look like this :conehead: However, wishing you a speedy recovery and a Happy Holloween :vamp: You sure scared us! Peace, Kevin

·
Registered
766 Posts
Holy crap!! Glad your here to tell the story....I think I would have crapped my pants on that one.....lol. Wish ya a speedy recovery. Take care.

·
Brake Clean Fanatic
22 Posts
i guess someone was looking after you. glad you werent hurt too seriously or worse.

·
Registered
905 Posts
OWWWW....how gruesome. Glad your o.k. How about some pics?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
DAMN...that's a bad day.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
well guys he is doing well. i was actually about 20 miles away and was pumping gas when he called, and was planning on heading to work (taking down a cooling tent at the local air show) well i didnt answer while i was pumping gas and figured ill call him on my way in to grab a soda and pay. well im walking in and my phone rings agin. it was Daking (he never calls back to back for anything) so i answer it and i can tell something is wrong. he tells me "hey.....um i cut my ear off! um i need you to come out here and take me to the ER." i said ok ill be there as soon as possable. and i stoped by the house (1/2 block from gas station) to grab a towel and head on out. i talked w/ him several times on the way out there to make sure that he was still doing ok. and to check on him, and his son, hoping that he was doing ok. i am so glad that there was some really helpful people out there. and that they were helping him. if it would have been just him and his son, im sure it would have not gone so well.

to the general public, i usually think of them as just people that could care less and would not help someone if they really needed it. but my opinion was drasticlly changed about the people that were out there that day. i was really surprised to meet them and was thankful that they were there.

daking is actually one of the only people that i hang out w/ (other than co-workers) i was actually really concerned about his well being and that of his son. im just glad that everything ended up ok.

·
Ramman
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually my family wanted pictures too, with half the ear hanging off.

I wish I had taken pictures, I have a picture phone. But, you know I was not really thinking about that at the time. don't realy know why, could be that my ear was hanging off :)

The ear has 27 stitches, looks like frank-n-stine. I now have my part of my costume.

I had to remove one arm of my glasses, as there was no ear left to hold them on.

My son was singing the “Does your Chain hang low song”, substituting it with ear. Kind of funny.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.