DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right, add another thing to the to do list on my truck, it just caught fire
:VHOT:

A little bit of freezing rain came down and the windshield was a solid sheet of ice, so i left the defogger on for a good 10 minutes to loosen it up. Gave the wipers a QUICK flip to see if they would move, and nothing. Wipers were on for 2 seconds max, well that was obviously enough for a relay to stick or something because the next thing i know it's a smoke show!

Smoke comes POURING out of the vents and fills the cab with that rancid melted wire scent (Mmmmmm) I immediately shut off the truck and prayed it would stop since i was nowhere near a fire extinguisher. Luckily nothing else ignited and it came to an end.

Going to have to pull the dash apart to see what happened, i'm sure it's not good. I recommend to everyone to lower the amp rating on your wiper fuses since mine didn't even pop.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Hey that's crazy man! I hope it didn't do too much damage for ya.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
holy s*** wtf?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I know that smell all too well... I had an amp catch fire internally about 2 weeks ago, fuses are still good. I had to stop on the highway and i started pulling fuses and ripping wires out to make sure nothing else would ignite before continuing home. Nothing like driving down the road and the amp behind your seat begins to arc. Thank god its under warranty still.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yup! see lots of vech. fires at our dept. Found the most common is the mice like to keep warm too. And chewing the wires does not help, not saying that this was it.
Other problem is some of the parts of a truck and car only work either open or close.
But when stuck the motor keeps running to either open or close say such as a window
wipers. Not smart enough to realize that when you add water and freeze it. That if it does not work, than stop.

But most we see are pest that move into a vech.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
276 Posts
i know how that is. My dad and I had just bought a chevy s-15 to drive to work to save gas cause we both drive lifted dodges. I was driving it home running about 65 and i wanted to see if the cruise worked. About a minute or 2 after i hit the set button smoke started pouring in through the vents. I rolled down the windows and pulled over. two wires on the cruise control had rubbed on the fender and the insulation was gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.