DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Time here . I have a 2014 ram st short box 6.5 . I was wondering what size Camper I can safely put on my truck , Iam installing Timbren SES .

·
Registered
11 Posts
First Time here . I have a 2014 ram st short box 6.5 . I was wondering what size Camper I can safely put on my truck , Iam installing Timbren SES .
Hi, not sure about your Dodge but it should be listed in the owners manual, weight & Distribution. I have a 2006 Silverado with the 5 1/2 foot bed, crew cab, and ran a Palomino Bronco pop up and I can say with the top down it handled really well, not too top heavy and extra wind resistance was minimal. About 10 minutes work to crank up the top and a half hour to close up before travel.
Something else I found that worked well was my running boards! I had the large chrome pipe running boards that mounted to the frame at the rear (& front). Looking at what is available for tie downs, these are just as strong as what’s available and I used heavy ratchet straps to tie the camper down in front that worked excellent.
Andygears

1 - 2 of 2 Posts