DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well last night, i am getting ready to go home from a good night out, i try to start my truck with my remote starter, nothing...so i am thinking its not getting the signal, so i try to unlock the doors, but still nothing. I get to my truck, unlock it with my key. I get in, my friends get in, and go why is there glass all over you truck. I look, and radio, ipod, cds, everything taken. I figure, i can at least inform everyone as to how they got in, and will post pics of it in a little bit once i upload them to my computer.

They ripped apart the grill, opened the hood, and disconnected the battery. Shattered the passenger side window, and ripped apart the dash, they tore all of the clips and everything out, never removed the screw. Took the radio, ipod adapter, and ipod. Plus, over a 100 CDs.

Damage report, Hood has two dents like they slammed their fists against it, with a spider web crack in the paint. Grill Insert torn apart. Passenger side window shattered out. Glass all over the interior. Scrape and scuff marks all over the interior from the idiots. Dash bezel and dash has scratches and marks all over it.

They did leave some nice blood on the dash for me though. I doubt the local PD is really going to care but at least its there if they want to give it a shot.
All in all, i just got ripped off for over 3000 dollars, what a lovely start to the holiday weekend.

·
Registered
236 Posts
damn man i am so sorry to hear that. Too bad they cant take the blood and do some sort of trace. They probably dont care since it is not a murder.

Makes me sick...

Hope it all works out. I guess insurance is next?

Kevin

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Sorry to hear about that dude. Good luck getting her fixed backed better than before.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Master Sergeant US Army
125 Posts
Man Rob that really bites, BIGTIME!! I hope that you get it back better than before, but then you will always know someone unauthorized was in your truck.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
unbelievable. I'm sorry to hear that man. That really pisses me off....

·
Registered
475 Posts
damn bro that really sucks send ur truck into CSI and maybe the can find out who that blood belongs to. :rck:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear this. Another Ram gets violated. I can't wait until one of us catches "them" in the act.

I hope the 'surance folks work with you!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
windows are tinted to 35% which is legal here in MA, and the ipod was concealed in the glovebox. I think they found it because they saw the wire from the radio leading to it. It sucks, but on the bright side, i just got my title to the 66 Mustang i just bought, so that brightens up my day a little bit

·
Registered
294 Posts
What a bunch of F'ing A$$holes!! :VHOT:

It really pisses me off to hear this sort of stuff!

·
Registered
187 Posts
really sorry to hear that crap happened to you...That sucks!
Were you parked in a well lit area or a big parking lot?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I am not knockin you but I would now pay the money and get one of them VIPER car alrms with the transmitter. I hate reading stories like this, especially when we all work hard for our possessions. I hope everything works out!

·
Registered
279 Posts
That sucks man, sorry to hear about your truck. In regards to the blood, it can be swabed and tested for DNA. Once a profile is complete it can be loaded into C.O.D.I.S. If the subjects who broke into your car have been handled before for particular offenses, thier DNA is taken and loaded into the same system. However, I doubt very seriously they will do this because DNA testing is expensive and, not to sound trite, its only a BMV. Again, sorry to hear about your loss. :mad:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was parked on beacon street in boston, pretty well lit, and well traveled road regardless of time of day. Its right by fenway park.....i know they aren't going to do anything with the blood, but it would be nice....while i was filing the police report, someone was getting bailed out, and the cop was like the ipod is in our possession until your court date, they left, and she was like ok, lets check if its yours...i was like thats hysterical...but it wasn't....

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
Code:
TREP R/T said:
I am not knockin you but I would now pay the money and get one of them VIPER car alrms with the transmitter. I hate reading stories like this, especially when we all work hard for our possessions. I hope everything works out!
My question is would the VIPER be of any use when they disconnect the battery. Or does the alarm have a battery back up. I know that a good alarm would have went off when the hood was raised. I see that the truck had remote start so I am thinking that it had a pretty good alarm. I realize also that you can just have remote start installed. I believe that all vehicles should come with shock sensors and hood switch that would sound the alarm regardless. As much as we have to pay for our trucks they should be standard equipment. I need to up grade my alarm system because I do have a good bit of money tied up in my audio system. I just have the factory alarm system.

I hate that for you and I hope somehow they catch the guy who done this.

·
Registered
318 Posts
RobMac-

Thanks for answering our follow-up questions. I know it's a painful topic for you, but I guess we're hoping that by learning your scenario, we know what things to avoid ourselves.

Your comment about the wire trailing from your radio to the glovebox was most helpful. I myself have a black one that sticks out on the floor below the center console; it runs to pre-amp INs on the back of my head unit. I'll make sure it's tucked away now when I park places...

Or better yet, tuck it under the empty 357 ammo box I'll go get later today :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.