DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Scapegoat047
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it seem like the metal on our Ram's truck beds are ultra-thin. I swear, after doing some hauling, the bed dents easier than I remember the 2nd gen Rams.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
They are real thin. I had a strap of bricks dropped in mine and it dented all over the place. I also had an upper shock mount loose and it nearly split the bed floor. I need line-x some kind of bad.

·
Scapegoat047
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The very same thing happened to me! Oh well, its a truck, and I use it like a truck

·
Registered
989 Posts
when i had my muffler taken off my truck i left it loose in the bed, and in my haste to hear my new exhaust at 6000RPM the muffler was digning around in my bed. It actually put a 1" long gash in my bed. It went right through the metal, and put dents all over the place. The metal is VERY thin!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
To me, the outter sheetmetal on the 3rd gen Rams seems tougher and thicker. But the sheetmetal inside the bed seems to dent easier. :dunno:

·
Scapegoat047
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talkin about the metal on other parts, I was cleaning my windshield with my feet on the bumper, and I slipped slightly, and put an elbow dent in the hood. I was shocked, cause I barely hit it. It's not big, but I laugh at my clumsy ass now...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glad to see other people saying the same thing about the sheetmetal. My first impression when I got the truck was the metal seemed paper thin. My 93 Chevy was much thicker. I still love my Bee so I will take extra precautions with it. :mad:

·
Registered
989 Posts
I got a small dent on my hood too. I shut the hood and it dented?! i was like WTF!!! It's not noticable unless i point it out, but i know it's there and it angers me

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, but I thought it it was just me. I will take extra precautions with it, even on the job site. It may be a work truck, but does it have to look like it? Not mine.

·
Shark Hunter
6,398 Posts
The bumpers don't seem much stronger. I slid back into a rock on my drive way on ice last winter, real slow and it put a big dent in the bumper and pushed it back against bodywork. I mean real slow. I was stagered it did that much damage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.