DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Know that I have spent some time reading the Hellas behind the grille install (my next project) I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good way to light up the truck bed other than the cargo light. Hidden lights? I'm always loading dirt bikes early morning and at times it's late when I get home. Any idea's??

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
i mounted some battery powered ones by the tailgate where the bed angles and curves so they face forward. they take 2 d batterys per light. got them for 10 dollars each. some people have also used the street glow light tubes mounted under the bed rails. ran to a switch.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
This is your best bet... Unless you want to put two neon tubes under the rail.

·
MUDDY AFFAIR
947 Posts
you could easily get some clear, or whatever color, trailer marker lights and rig up something like the recon kit. use some 3M double sided trim tape to mount em and wire em to a small switch....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked out recons web site and that sounds like what I need. Anybody got a picture of how bright they are?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Here's Mopar Fans neons...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Or you could wire them into the cargo light. no extra switches.

·
Average Guy
2,640 Posts
I was thinking of doing this only using some kind of LED setup and installing a small switch somewhere close to the tailgate and rigged to an always hot wire so I could turn them on or off without having to turn on my parking lights like with my Cap Light.

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
Oznium.com sells some great little l.e.ds in different configurations that would work nice I would think, they have flexible l.e.d strips in different lengths that would work well mounted under the edge

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.