DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran my dodge 04 truck out of gas almost, costing into the gas station. Filled up and found my truck from 40 to 70 mph it likes to studder and shakes and only does it off and on at different times. Also my tranny light came on and I was told maybe just suked water from when i ran tank empty so just give it time. It has been couple of days and tranny light still on and it will act like it wants to die when ideling then does fine till 40 to 70 acts as if it dosn't want to go. Starts shaking any ideas? Thanks

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today it is even worse it wants to spit and spuder and shake from start to stop. When I slam the padel down it will brake thru and take off, other wise it just shakes and sputters. Need some help.

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
What engine? Try removing the negative battery cable for 10 minutes and then reinstall. See if this helps

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
In my town, 89 bucks an hour for diagnosis. You can remove fuse 23 underneath the hood, and follow these steps. This resets the computer like pulling the neg cable...

1. pull fuse 23 under the fusebox in front of the battery(blue 20 amp minifuse)pcm
2. get in truck, fasten seatbelt to avoid seatbelt dings, and turn the key to run(not start) until you hear the chime go out, then try to start your truck( it wont even turn over) until you hear another 2 chimes.
3. get out and put fuse 23 in
4. beat the living balls off of it so your computer can relearn the adaptives
5. give us a progress report

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i disconected the negitive cable and it fixed everything for couple of days. Now back to same problem. Disconected again and fixed it for couple more days then problem started again. Any thoughts on why this is and what to do?

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
Sounds like your fuel pump may be on its way out. When it is just started, it is working fine, but as the pump heats up it gives you problems. Go to parts america or a auto parts store and see if they will let you borrow a fuel gauge or buy a cheap one. Hook it up to the schrader valve, engine cold, and make sure it is tight. run it under the hood by the windshield wipers and tape it to the windshield. Drive it around in a deserted parking lot and when it is hot, see what the fuel pressure is and if there are any changes. BTW, before you do this, are there any dtc's? There must be a code if your light came on, have them scan it at advance auto or autozone, and post the code. You may have picked up debris from the bottom of the fuel tank and/or overheated the pump. This would starve the vehicle in full throttle and heavy throttle situations

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.