DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issues starting truck when temps get in the 20s F. I did have a bad fuel pump which I replaced recently. That solved other problems but not this one. It has an almost brand new starter. Took battery for testing this morning (it's about 2 and 1/2 years old) and they said it testing almost like new. It seems to be getting plenty of juice but won't fire up..Would bad wires effect starting on cold mornings? Once temps get up near 30ish don't seem to have a problem. I know I'm not supposed to pump the pedal on Fuel injection but sometimes have to get it started in cold. I have shortie taylor fat wires for last 3 years and never had a problem before. I know folks have Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Water in the fuel? Ice crystals getting caught in the sock or in the injectors. Had the same problem with a past Nissan pickup. The ice would get caught in the filter. The E-10 absorbs water, thank you Uncle Sam.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Water in the fuel? Ice crystals getting caught in the sock or in the injectors. Had the same problem with a past Nissan pickup. The ice would get caught in the filter. The E-10 absorbs water, thank you Uncle Sam.
Hmm? never heard of that, will have to research thx.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI....Seems the problem was the spark plug wires. I installed a set of stock mopar ones and that did the trick. The shorties worked for 2 winters but for some reason gave me trouble this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.