DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing a roll pan, so i removed my dual exhaust setup. Because I don't want anything coming out from the back. I want a clean setup. So I am trying to decide if I want the dual exhaust to come out the passenger side before the axle (like the Lightning) or behind both rear wheels, after the axle. Not straight out the back, but a 90 degree bend behind both wheels.

So I come to you for help. :gr_patrio

Before and after picture and a picture of the dual exhaust coming out from the passenger side.

Attachments

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
I would go with after the axle. If you aren't going to have them come out the back I would suggest having one on each side (after the axle) that way you get some "rumble" on both sides of the truck.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I like the way the come out on the Daytonas but then you need that body effect with the cut outs

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I agree. The Daytonas looks very nice, I looked into that and it would be very costly. So I am still debating. If I am going to go to the rear, I might as well go dual out the same way I had them but with the rollpan. still undecided.

·
Registered
194 Posts
my exhaust exits at the 90 degree angle behind the rear wheels...the tips get dirty because i don't have mudflaps, but i really liked this setup because i don't see it around a lot, and decided to be a little different......here is a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
There is someone on here that has the dual tips coming out at the corners but they are angled so that you can only see a couple inches of the tips. Looks very nice IMO, I think the straight out the back look is a little worn out.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
If the pipe goes past the rear axel it should shoot staight out the back. Who wants to look at the side of the tips from behind? Not I.

I do like that first pic though. :D

Attachments

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
How about no pipes at all....dump it to give it a 100% clean look!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
If the pipe goes past the rear axel it should shoot staight out the back. Who wants to look at the side of the tips from behind? Not I.

I do like that first pic though. :D
It ain't the side of tips that look bad it is the fact you can see the rest of the ugly tailpipe attached to them

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
dont put them angled down, just angle them to the sides.. i modified mine recently to put them straight out the back.. i had them at an angle to the side, and angled down.. damn things blew dust and dirt and everything EVERYWHERE.

·
Registered
194 Posts
to avoid the ugly pipes, my pipes are spray painted black......not sure with what, i know its with a specific paint that can withstand the heat.....it doesn't completely get rid of the pipes from sight, but if my tips were polished up, they would be a little harder to notice

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here is something noone mentioned. How about through the roll pan. I've seen several exhausts setup this way. It don't look too bad.

·
Registered
358 Posts
dump it!!!!

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
I test drove a regency swb truck the otherday and I really liked the exhaust

had a flat rectangular tip on each side

like 1" tall and 4" wide, and it sat right up underneath the roll pan

very neat and barely noticable and it sounded great

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
How about no pipes at all....dump it to give it a 100% clean look!
AMEN TO THAT!!!!! I like that a lot better. Hence why I did it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, after I cut off dual pipes to the rear, I installed Street Scene rollpan and then installed new muffler (Gibson) and put the dual pipes back. So right under the rollpan you saw the dual pipes. But not even a day after I had them installed I went under the truck and cut them off and now have them dumped. Lost little rumble, but looks 100% better. Would have saved some bucks, If I would have just dumped it from the beginning. Will post pic's shortly.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
How you guys getting away with dumped

Here in PA you can't pass inspection if your muffler leaks

Exhaust gases have to be dumped OUTSIDE the truck body for safety reasons ( Exhaust under the truck can leak into the interior and cause asphyxiation )

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Well im not sure CA has something like that but it wouldnt suprise me; DAMN HIPPYS! But mines just the exhaust "barrell" with dual turn towns right from the barrell. Its so loud, shakes the car and i LOVE IT!!!!

That is too bad that you cant do it there. I really like the clean look because the straight pipes out the back is nice but its over played. I absolutly hate piped turned to the side or angled to the side of the truck. I think it looks rediculous IMO. Only because the exhaust shop NEVER gets the angle right and the lengths perfectly to match. Again, just my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.