DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trip to Montana Mountain, AZ late December

2K views 57 replies 11 participants last post by  Pinzdurango 
#1 ·
Gentlemen,

This thread will serve as the message board for the trip to Montana Mountain in late Dec. Specific date to be determined.

Thrill023 will be in town and would like to see some of the local offroading spots. We have been talking about this trip to Montana Mountain since our last outing to the Rolls, so it is time to stop talking and start fourwheeling.

I will plan on atttending and hopefully we can get pinz, diablos, and mr Croy to come along too. Anyone else interested?

This trail is about 30 miles east of Mesa and should take ~4hours once we hit the dirt. It has some awesome views at the top. There could be snow so if it is too difficult to attempt this route, we could do Martinez Cabin and maybe even Cochran if there is interest.

Here are some pics of previous trips.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
One other thought. There is an awesome hike up at the top of Montana Mountain called Rogers Canyon.

It is about 8 miles roundtrip hike and takes 5 hours so it may be too much to tackle, but depending on interest, some of us may want to hike to the really cool indian ruins in the caves in the cliff. Check them out.

Attachments

#3 ·
Here are more pictures of the hike. It is really beautiful when the leaves are changing, but the winter should be in full force in late Dec. This could become a limiting issue to hiking this trail, but as I said before, we can decide as the date draws closer.

Attachments

#4 ·
Ok, Mr Croy looks like a good possibility. That puts us at 3 Durangos.

#5 ·
Just heard back from Pinz. He is in. That puts us at 4 Durangos. Any more takers??

#6 ·
That is just too cool! What are the dates again? (I've got a trip to AZ in mid Dec)

#7 ·
Looks like we are aiming for Dec 30, but let me know when you will be here. Maybe we can meet up for a quick 4x4 trip at a local area.

#8 ·
I'm flying down, but since I need a rental anyway...

I think there are one or two rental companies that still might rent me an SUV...LMAO

#9 ·
yes, but doubtful you can rent a Gen 1 D. No worries on getting an SUV. You can ride with me.

#10 ·
OK we have Diablos on the hook. So we are up to 5 Durangos

#12 ·
ok, next time ;)

#13 ·
i might be in Canyon....my only hesitation is that work is going to be gnarly right up until the 28th or something. it will depend on whether i can get all my crap done by then. if so, Tex and i are in.

#14 ·
cool, but who is Tex?

#15 ·
All, my travel plans have firmed up now for the holidays. I will be coming to town on Dec. 21st and will travel back to Texas on Jan. 2nd. I'm pretty excited about this trip should be good fun seeing 5 of so Durangos hitting the trail all at once.

#16 ·
CD- I would like to see about joining this trip. Ther may be some work issues to hurdle but I think my little family may need a quick trip to the desert from SoCal. keep me in mind please.

#17 ·
Dave,

We would love to have you join us :)

#19 ·
We would love to have you come.

#20 ·
Looks like I have to try for next time. The Lovely cruise director informed me that we have family coming into town to host that weekend. Isn't it always the way. Sure would like to make a ride sometime though. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

#22 ·
Dave, sorry you cant make it. Maybe we can get an offroading trip set up to the CA AZ border. Amerikan is interested and we can see his new prerunner setup.

AZsmilie, glad you are onboard.

Just met up with Diablos and Jerry C today and they are still good with the trip. Currently looks like 5-7 participants. I will keep you posted.

#23 ·
canyon-
Not eanough time to make the hop south. Want to know if you want to try moab this spring though!

Dustin

#24 ·
I may indeed be up that way in April for a backcountry trip with some buddies. I may also drive up to Carbondale in may for a training course, so I might be able to do a day in Moab on either of those 2 trips.

#25 ·
Canyon-
That would be awsome! Also, I'm a short drive from Carbondale and we would love it if you stopped in for dinner.

#26 ·
that would be cool. Cant pass up home cooked food:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.