DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
All of the obstacles on the way to the cabins have bypasses. There is nothing that the stock D can't handle with ease up to the cabins. Like with most trails in AZ you can always find some play areas. The hardest part of the trail is the first two pictures of post #37 on page two.
Mike

Discussion starter · #43 ·
No this trail is so easy that a stock Durango can do it without any trouble at all. The hardest obstacle is the first 2 pictures I posted. There are side trails that are harder that are an option for those interested.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
those pictures of the jeeps tackling the difficult terrain are not part of this ride. They are the continuation of the Martinez Cabin trail. It is called Martinez Canyon. That is very very difficult, but those interested can hike down to the mill and see some intense hardcore 4x4 action. The mill is probably 1 mile down the canyon about 30 minute hike. Well worth the time to walk there and back.

canyonD said:
Metting time: 9AM Saturday Morning.

Meeting location: Jack in the Box on the North East corner of the intersection of US 60 and Superstition Springs Drive which is approximately 4.4 miles east of Idaho road. Make sure to get in the left turn lane. If you pass the intersection, you will have to loop around to get back there.
Sorry guys, but not knowing the area too well, I cruised up and down Superstition Springs looking for an f'in Jack in a Box. I didn't see one so I took off to the area and got there around around 10:00 am. I now know you meant Superstition Mountain Drive as I saw a Jack in the Box on that corner on the way out (and it's 4.4 miles east of Idaho). Anyways, check the long thread with the all the 4 wheeling pics, I put some up there.

Well the weather was perfect for a trip into the desert. Had a good time, will have to get back there again only next time with the Durango. For those who might have taken pics, I would like to get a copy. Let me know and I will get you some information on a service we use to transfer large files.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
azsmilie said:
Sorry guys, but not knowing the area too well, I cruised up and down Superstition Springs looking for an f'in Jack in a Box. I didn't see one so I took off to the area and got there around around 10:00 am. I now know you meant Superstition Mountain Drive as I saw a Jack in the Box on that corner on the way out (and it's 4.4 miles east of Idaho). Anyways, check the long thread with the all the 4 wheeling pics, I put some up there.
:eek: crap dammit dammit dammit :eek:

I am truely sorry that I f'd up the road name dude. I really thought that everyone would go on the 4.5 miles east of Idaho road clue, but I know that I messed up. I think that my bigger mistake was not exchanging cel #'s.

I promise to make it up though. When do you want to try to hook up again? I got many others that are itching to get out. Maybe we can do the montana mountain trail. pm me your contact info and I will call you to apoligize and set up a new trip. :)

Pinzdurango said:
Well the weather was perfect for a trip into the desert. Had a good time, will have to get back there again only next time with the Durango. For those who might have taken pics, I would like to get a copy. Let me know and I will get you some information on a service we use to transfer large files.
Hey Mike,
Let me know where you want us to put the large files. My wife got a very cool video of you coming down that ledge where all the Durangos got stuck. The Pinzs were awesome!

Canyon, thanks for setting this trip up. We had a great time out with everyone. We will definately have to hook up again next time we are in town. I did get some nice pin strips added to the side of the truck now. Hopefully they will all buff out.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Thrill023 said:
Canyon, thanks for setting this trip up. We had a great time out with everyone. We will definately have to hook up again next time we are in town. I did get some nice pin strips added to the side of the truck now. Hopefully they will all buff out.
Will, Thanks for coming along. That is some beautiful country. Dont worry if the pinstripes dont all come out. They are a badge of honor in much of Arizona :)
At the least they can serve as a souvenir

canyonD said:
:eek: crap dammit dammit dammit :eek:

I am truely sorry that I f'd up the road name dude. I really thought that everyone would go on the 4.5 miles east of Idaho road clue, but I know that I messed up. I think that my bigger mistake was not exchanging cel #'s.

I promise to make it up though. When do you want to try to hook up again? I got many others that are itching to get out. Maybe we can do the montana mountain trail. pm me your contact info and I will call you to apoligize and set up a new trip. :)
No biggie, still went on my own. For sure next time post it or PM me and we'll go, if I'm not on call.

I just came across this thread. Quite ironically I was stranded in Mesa on the 30th due to flight cancellation. We had been out there on business when the weather back in Fort Worth got nasty and they canceled all flights. We didn't get a flight out until 9:45pm on the 30th, so we sure would have loved to have joined yall on the trip.

Hope yall had fun, we took a ride out to the Canyon Creek Lake area, or whatever its called on Thursday, but spent the rest of the trip in our hotel rooms working.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Hey Mike,
Let me know where you want us to put the large files. My wife got a very cool video of you coming down that ledge where all the Durangos got stuck. The Pinzs were awesome!
Have you had a chance to send the files? You can PM me and I will get you my email address.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
I want to see the video too!! :)

I am looking for some pics of the Tony's 712 (six wheel) Pinz that had the all metal screen sides. I know some pics were taken and hopefully some video as well.
Hopefully some of them turned out well.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Mike, I am sure that I have some. PM me your home address and I will stick a cd in the mail with all the pictures that I have. If you prefer, I could post to an ftp site if you have one.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.