DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If searched through the site, looking for a way to remove the radio bezel. Couldn't find anything for my specific vehicle. I do not have the fold down cup holders. I've got the manual transfer case shifter and floor console (see attached).

It appears I need to remove the plastic piece below the radio bezel to gain access to the screws that hold the radio bezel in.

How do I get that piece off (highlighted with red arrow)?

Help!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm. I'll see about taking a picture tonight and posting it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me try this again. I'm no artist. I need to remove the piece highlighted in red.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
There are 2 screws at bottom of peice, then you have to pull the entire piece down

PM me for telephone # and I'll walk you through it if you want... by the way what are doing all this for?

and whats the truck... 2wd or 4wd

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I'll send you a PM. I'm trying to gain access to the back of the cigarette lighter. I'm taping off of that to run a switched accessory. I may have to call you tomorrow. It's 4WD.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
way to help a brother out Mdavis!!! PS get some pics up of that dash area, another member here was thinking of modding the would be cup holder there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Really it's easy once you get the floor "mini" console out, the two screws should be really obvious. then firmly pull that piece straight down and it will pop off. Then the two screws you already know about for the bezel and some steady pulling to pop the bezel off.

From experience... if you unplug all the connectors as soon as you have the bezel a few inches away, life will be a whole lot easier... you can't mess them up. They only plug back in one way.

also check this out.. it may help you http://www.metraonline.com/_assets/manuals/INST99-6507.pdf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.