DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to work a trade for my 05' SXT for a 05' R/T. Seems my dealer has 9 of these bad boys sitting on their lot....The best deal they would give me was my car and a difference of 10K. My SXT has 2800 miles on it and had a sticker of 28k and change. Out the door for 24500, but they would only give me 20k for it. So looks like I am keeping the SXT for a bit longer ;)

One would think the dealer would want to move the 05's as they just got an 06' R/T in. But I guess not......

·
Registered
410 Posts
Most every dealer I know will do anything to make money and as much money as they can. Can't blame them for that, but if you already bought one car from them, it would be my opinion they could cut you a bit of a better deal.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One would think, but the dealer is not even considering a deal on this. They want me to take the tdade for my car at 20K, they claim the car is just is not worth much more!!??? after only 2800 miles. Oh well, guess I will wait a few years.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Husker said:
I tried to work a trade for my 05' SXT for a 05' R/T. Seems my dealer has 9 of these bad boys sitting on their lot....The best deal they would give me was my car and a difference of 10K. My SXT has 2800 miles on it and had a sticker of 28k and change. Out the door for 24500, but they would only give me 20k for it. So looks like I am keeping the SXT for a bit longer ;)

One would think the dealer would want to move the 05's as they just got an 06' R/T in. But I guess not......
Husker,
If they can't move their 2005 RT's, what's the incentive to take a 2005 5XT in trade? How many of those did they have? Drive just about any new car over the curb and you lose more than 10%. Even if you just turned around and drove it back in.

IMHO.
KK

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I counted 9 R/T's 4 with AWD. I completely understand i am losing money, but not almost 40% off the sticker... I am thinking I will get a call in the next week or so, they kept asking how else we could work the deal. The really funny thing is I love my SXT so the R/T would just be icing on the cake so to speak. The dealer also needs to move cars for the allocation..if you can't sell x number of cars, you don't get any more until you sell....that MAY work in my favor. Heck if not I am really out nothing :rck:

·
Mineral Grey Metallic SXT
100 Posts
I really don't see how taking a beating on a new car they can't sell to overpay for a tradein that they already did sell is going to be helping their business. I paid 22k for my SXT which stickered for 26405. I'm suprised you're getting offered 20 to be real honest.

Look at it this way, you beat them down 4k when you bought the car, and they're beating you down that same 4k off of what you paid.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MagnumSXT said:
I really don't see how taking a beating on a new car they can't sell to overpay for a tradein that they already did sell is going to be helping their business. I paid 22k for my SXT which stickered for 26405. I'm suprised you're getting offered 20 to be real honest.

Look at it this way, you beat them down 4k when you bought the car, and they're beating you down that same 4k off of what you paid.
Well I guess that will be between me and the dealer....

·
Mineral Grey Metallic SXT
100 Posts
I'm not saying you shouldn't try by any means. I'm just saying I'm not suprised at the initial offer. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope not surprised in the least...Kinda really want to see just how far they will go to push a car. After washing my SXT today I fell in Love with it all over again, so I really have no true desire/reason to buy a new car...sometimes it's fun just to practice :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Must be end of model year deal husker...curious to know which dealer

Glad to see I'm not the only husker fan who made it through last season with their integrity...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No doubt, but I think next year will be a very different story. I am working with Performance....they are not willing to do much YET :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
By experience, most dealers want "clean" deals, unless they can make $$$ on both ends. Why not advertise the car locally or on auto-trader ? If they can make $$ by reselling it, you can make the same by advertising it. Don't wait for the phone to ring either, ain't gonna happen. Good luck ! (The RT's are the way to go )

·
Registered
173 Posts
You have got to understand, they made money when they sold it to you for 24,500.
So they could get a new one cheaper than the 24,500 you gave them.
Why would they put more in a used car than they can pay for a new one.

and they must make money giving you 20,000 for yours.

Even when dealers tell you they make 100 over, or at invoice, they still make thousands per car. New or used.

That's life.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
allpont said:
By experience, most dealers want "clean" deals, unless they can make $$$ on both ends. Why not advertise the car locally or on auto-trader ? If they can make $$ by reselling it, you can make the same by advertising it. Don't wait for the phone to ring either, ain't gonna happen. Good luck ! (The RT's are the way to go )
Already has, they are trying to work a better deal with me. No matter what happens I love to work my dealer over some :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well looks like we may have a deal tomorrow. I meet the owner ( Known her for 5 years) and she will have the car I want wainting for me. The only thing we had to work out in the trade was if I get to keep my wheels/tires...I will put the stock ones back on. I guess I will have to start the mod process all over. One thing the dealer did like was the dual exhaust I had put on my SXT

·
Registered
401 Posts
Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
332 Posts
"Husker,
If they can't move their 2005 RT's, what's the incentive to take a 2005 5XT in trade? How many of those did they have? Drive just about any new car over the curb and you lose more than 10%. Even if you just turned around and drove it back in.
IMHO.
KK" by qzking

Husker said:
Well looks like we may have a deal tomorrow. I meet the owner ( Known her for 5 years) and she will have the car I want wainting for me. The only thing we had to work out in the trade was if I get to keep my wheels/tires...I will put the stock ones back on. I guess I will have to start the mod process all over. One thing the dealer did like was the dual exhaust I had put on my SXT
IMHO.
KK" by qzking (knows nothing - owes nothing!)
Husker,
Good on you for hanging in there and working the dealer to get your deal on the RT. GOOD F'G JOB, on overcoming the nay-sayers (of which I was one-of) and buying your RT!

Life is short.
KK

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Blackcomb said:
Let us know how it goes!
Went perfect, knowing the owner helps some, but at the end of the day she has a business to run and we both felt good about the deal....All I can say is WOW....I really like the HEMI :rck:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.