DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is everyone im new to this site, but have been following it for quite some time now and gotten some very good answers. However the problem i have now is got me down and kept me down. i own a 2008 4.7 the newer model 4.7 with 310 hp...... It has been randomly stalling at idle, acceleration, and it has really gotten dangerous. i changed the crankshaft sensor, all 16 plugs. it never throws codes when it shuts off. sometimes it has its days where the truck is beast and not a problem at all. seems to shutdown more with air conditioning on. a couple times i have got the code po430 catalyst system efficiency below threshold. question is would the converters really make the truck do this i see this can be expensive if this is my problem. any help or replys would be appreciated to the highest

thanks guys

·
Registered
53 Posts
It sounds like a fuel delivery problem, have you checked the fuel pump or is there a fuel filter to replace? I always run a can of B12 chemtool with the first fill up of every oil change. If carbon deposits are the culprit, maybe something like that could clean it up a bit. Have you taken off the air intake and inspected the throttle body? it could be dirty or sticky.

Just a few things that might be worth trying!

·
Registered
512 Posts
P430 code is alway bad o2 sensors,unless its really a bad cat (usally not) upstreams o2s will make the truck run rough, stall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.