DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to my local performance dealer and had them load up the 3 day program. now my high idle feature is gone that i spent a week trying to convince the dealer to do....because i have a manual. will this return after the bullydog program erases itself? is there a way to get rid of this program now? it is crap, and i want to put my superchips back on...yes i said, i like the superchips over the bullydog trail version. truck is going back to the dealer tuesday for some tire size programming, will they be able to see it or will it mess with anything...the program should be gone correct?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, because I don't have the Bully Dog, but doesn't the Superchips recalibrate for tire size? Why do you have to go to the dealer for that?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because superchips disables my high idle. where i live it gets into the 20's at night and by the time i get up to leave it is only about 25 or so. it is a handle littlfe feature that i choose to have over the superchips. tire calibration was the #1 reason for the superchips. now that i am getting rid of it, i need my tire size to be correct.

in my top post, it was supposed to say i would rather put my superchips on.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Best f both worlds, get and Edge.....

If your think there could be a problem, you could ask them to flash the computer and upload and updates while they are at it.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I hated my edge. up for sale if you want it. Best of no worlds. less power than the superchips and bullydog, and a bunch of bs safety features with an innacurate EGT display

you like your superchips more because the bullydog is on the 50hp setting. Get one and put it on crazy larry and you will be laughing thinking you ever wanted the superchips

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not to get off topic in my own thread, but anybody stacked a juice w/ attitude with a superchips?

i would probably buy your edge off you if it fit my 06

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's my experience with the BullyDog. Even though it says the high idle is for automatics only...I have it turned on for my 05 G56 driven manual. (So, once you have possession of the BD unit, you can turn the high idle on yourself).

·
Registered
810 Posts
Here's my impression of the Bully Dog. It took over my PCM in my old Ford. I could not get rid of the 3 day trial, and BD was no help. Hope this doesn't happen to you.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
rfullen, do you have to plug the downloader in and use the PTO feature or once you program the truck does the high idle enable and you can use the cruise control buttons?

I love my bullydog. Putting the juice on for that 15,000 miles was the worst move ive made so far.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just got off the phone with tech support..not what i would say completly friendly but not the worst i have had. anyway, they told me 20 key cycles and that would delete the old program. i have kept track of my keycycles since i had it and i was well over that, but went out and gave it a couple more. called back and waited another 20 min to get back with someone, they told me to go to my bulldoy dealer and have them take off the program with the tri before you buy downloader. and if that didnt reenable my high idle then go ahead and have the dealer use a triple dog to do it. so i go down to the dealer, and the stupid dick that was very helpful when i wanted it was a complete and utter moron and treated me like crap. he sat there and argued with me that it could not be done. i told him to call tech support, he told me to wait another day, i said call techsupport, he said it will return to stock, i said call tech support, he finally did afte 10 min of dicking around and a 401 pacfic time he called and he got the after hours message machine. he told me to come back tommrow when they werent busy and he would see what we could do. so at this point i am extremly upset with my bullydog experiance, and have to say that i am not entierly sure i want to own any of there products. i realize that it is not all bullydogs fault, but if this is any indication on how things go when you have a problem. think i am going to be rid of the downloaders and make my own chip....or maybe i will just stick with my superchips...i like there customer service.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I think bullydogs tech support is the best ive ever had. I called them with a recovery mode problem on my power pup, they put me on hold. called back and said i had an urgent problem and they put me right with someone and got the problem solved.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know about the trial version but I turned on the High Idle feature with my Triple Pup works fine! As for HP my Bully Dog makes more HP than my trans can handle! fried the TQ in the Tow/Econo setting towing 16Klbs in the mountains. Dealer rebuilt my tranny under warranty! I'm keeping the Bully Dog and looking at APS or ATS for a new tranny that can handle all the HP!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i went back to the bully dog dealer and had them remove it with the downloader. the downloader immediatly went into recovery mode and did a bunch of dowloading. the tech guy sounded like he was worried for a bit. anyway, they ended up getting out a triple dog and turnning on the high idle. when they had the program open to that menu i asked if they could turn on a couple of other things and the tech guy said sure and the old mean basstard said no, he was rude most the time so this didnt suprise me. after it was all done and he was getting ready to start it he asked if i wanted to buy one. i asked how much they were, he said 500 something, i looked him and said, no thanks i will buy one off the internet for 600 (i know i can get them for less) it was more out of spite. he looked confused but i bet he figured it out. needless to say HAPPY with bullydog UNHAPPY with that dealer. think maybe i might get me a downloader. anybody know if i dare use my superchips again or am i asking for a computer meltdown. downloaders make me nervous.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
If your computer is completely moved back to stock, a superchips will be fine to load again

Sounds like you just had a bad experience with the tech and made your bullydog experience crappy.

Find a triple dog and load it to performance. You will love it. Then load it to crazy larry and you will shat your pants.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.