DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine has a 95 4x4 3/4 ram, and the other day driving it kicked itself completely out of gear like i had it in neutral and had my foot to the floor, but but it is inconsistent like one day it will run like a champ and then the next day it is shifting constently

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
k nvm, found out that the trany is shot, needs a rebuild

·
Registered
66 Posts
How many miles did your friend have his Ram? I just rolled over 100,000 and had the exact same thing happen to me. But I also had problems starting from a dead stop, it was as if the truck was trying to start out in 3rd gear or something. Now here is another question, I was told I had two options by the mech. Option 1: they take the trany out, tear it down, and find out what's wrong and fix it. Minimum about 1400 dollars, maximum 4500 depending on what's wrong. Option B: they give me a whole new trany for 4100 with a 80,000 mile warranty. Which way do I go?

·
Registered
18 Posts
are you sure that you dont have a pressure switch problem or a govenor pressure switch problem they can cause second gear starts check first ,because if that all it needs that alot cheaper than a trans OH

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the clutch pads are gone, her good friend owns a trany shop and he was the onr looking at it, and i guess the pan was full of shit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.