DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, new to forum. I got turned on after reading many articles and stories about hot-rodding the 2.2-2.5L turbos of the 80's. I have three related questions:
1. Can you disconnect the engine from the trans and turn the engine 90 degrees and bolt it up to a longitudinally configured trans?
2. In a as built car, an you give me an idea of where the transaxle half-shafts are located relative to the engine? For example, they are in front of the engine's center line, they are 10 inches to the rear of the engine's center line...etc.
3. For swapping purposes, do you have the weight of the engine, 2.2 or 2.5 iron block/aluminum heads?

Thanks so much. Dave

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Yeah, it can be done. There's been quite a few that's had V8's dropped in. For the 2.2/2.5, you can run a Dakota trans, since they used the same engines. As far as half-shaft location, they are are pretty much inline w/ the hubs, so whereever that puts them, probably about 8" behind the stock engine/trans centerline. Weight, probably about 300lbs I'd say at least, for a fully dressed 2.2 turbo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.