DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a 98 1500 dodge and it doesnt want to go in reverse. i need help. what could it be? bad transmisson possibly?

·
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
1,064 Posts
Welcome -

Will the shifter physically not budge, or will it shift into reverse, but just not go anywhere? If it won't even budge I would think it could be linkage... if the shifter will physically move but the truck just doesn't want to go... I would say it is internal... But I am sure there are some tranny experts here who might offer some assistance...

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Welcome to DT!

:dtrocks:

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Welcome,
You should provide more details of truck so the Moderators here can place this into the right forum, Understand it's your first post but it'll get more visability with the details

·
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
1,064 Posts
Did you have problems over time or was it something that just happened one day, also I am not sure if it work on a 98' but if you turn the key forward (as far as you can but not starting) three times a code should pop up in the odometer... write down the code that pops up and look to see what it could be.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
------>>Moved to 2G Rams

·
Registered
904 Posts
It might be the reverse band gone out. I'm no expert though.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
It might be the reverse band gone out. I'm no expert though.
same thing i was thinking. to adjust the reverse band though, you need to drop the pan and might as well do some solenoid replacements, change fluid and filter. look over the valve body. good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.