DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ram is a 2007 5.7 with the 5 speed auto. I have searched everywhere that I know for information on using an OBD2 Scan Tool that transmits via Bluetooth to an iPad App creating a Dashboard which will show my Transmission Temperatures. Has anyone been able to set up an iPad to do this? I have a Veepeak OBDCHECK Ble bluetooth Scan Tool and I am trying to figure out if the are any Apps that will show Tranny Temps. Is there even a sensor on the 07 Ram that offers this data via the OBD2 port? I have noticed that most guys install gauges that operate from DIY installed sensors on the cooling lines, but I also have noted several comments on various forums that the 2007 and up Rams have such sensors already built into the tranny. I just cannot seem to find an App that will access that PID.

There are several Apps that will create a Dashboard showing various real time information (speed, rpm, fuel, etc) but as I plan to tow a camper this summer on a very long road trip, over mountains, I want a Tranny Temp gauge. The Torque Pro App web page indicates that it will show this reading (although I am not sure for 3rd Gen Rams), but it is Android only and I have an iPad. Apparently I can create a "custom PID" but I do not even know for sure if my 07 Ram has that built-in sensor. Any advice will certainly be appreciated!

One other question. I have notice some talk of replacing my OEM cooler for a cooler from a 1-Ton Ram. Has anyone come across a DIY post of that modification?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I am not getting any replies but after a lot of reading on Forums and on the web Chrysler simply does not release their proprietary PID's to the public nor to software developers unless a hefty price is paid....at least that is what I can gather.

It has been suggested by others that the OBD2 app developers that do include Chrysler PID's for such things as Transmission Temps, etc. have paid thousands for the data. Ford, GM, Toyota and others (to varying degrees) have apparently taken the opposite approach and recognized that Gearheads use and will continue to use the OBD2 port for customization of Tablet/Phone Dashboard Gauges. Many Chrysler owners do indeed think that being able to monitor live reporting of what is going on in their engine and transmission is important.... Shame on Chrysler!! IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts