DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Red Trucker
2,047 Posts
Why do people leave out important info lol....what engines? A 92 Dakota could have a 2.5, 3.9 or 5.2, while the 02 Ram could have a 3.7, 4.7 or 5.9.

·
Red Trucker
2,047 Posts
Ok. Fit yes, function no. '92 trans (should be a 46RH) is still hydraulically controlled. '02 (46RE) is more electronic. If you wasted the 46RE in your 2002 then you need to find another compatible 46RE.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It would be a safe bet that wiring harnesses would not match, being one is an OBD2 vehicle and one is not...and that's ignoring the fact that the transmissions themselves are different. Where do people come up with these ideas?

·
Red Trucker
2,047 Posts
Then again, he might be talking about a manual trans...
No he couldn't, because a manual was not offered behind the 5.9 in a 1500; only the 3.7 & 4.7 in a third gen 1500 got the option of a manual, but guessing you didn't know that lol

It would be a safe bet that wiring harnesses would not match, being one is an OBD2 vehicle and one is not...and that's ignoring the fact that the transmissions themselves are different. Where do people come up with these ideas?
Sometimes they're not so outlandish, I'm putting an 8HP70 into an 03 Ram. Just depends on if or how well something can be integrated into the platform. The older trans would fit but the truck wouldn't function because it wouldn't receive data inputs from the older trans.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You're right...

I just can't conceive it would be possible that a manual transmission not be offered. But then, maybe my B350 is the only manual one in the world?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts