DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 dodge Dakota SLT 4.7l. I put my truck in drive to pull out of my parking spot, work fine, then I had to backup and my transmission would not engage reverse. After that I put it into drive, didn't work. none of the gears will engage. I checked the linkage and its not broken.

When I shift from reverse to neutral or neutral to drive I can hear the RPMs change slightly as it would normally, but it doesn't move. The fluid is at the level it's supposed to be at and it doesn't look/smell burnt. Also checked fuses. (PCM) fuse looked a little corroded but not burnt out.

I had a friend hook up a scan tool and it threw a bunch of codes. When it scanned the engine it threw a p0700 code. And scanned the transmission it threw a list of about 6 codes. Couldn't pin point what is making it throw so many codes. Last option is to take it to a transmission shop and have them fix it.

Solenoid? Bad fuse? Wireing problem? Anyone had issues like this or have any ideas.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Welcome ti DT!

Before you do anything, clear the codes and see what comes back. There's no need to chased ghosts. Double check the fluid level and double check the "How To" on the transmission dip stick.

=============================================

.... This is from a past DT thread:

You can do what is often called a "hard dump".

We (techs) often do this when we need to totally reset the ECU and either don't have the proper tool close by (too lazy to walk to toolbox and get it) or just are "in a hurry".

First, disconnect positive+ battery cable at the battery and ground it to the chassis. Yes, the POSITIVE CABLE.

Wait a few seconds, 30 won't kill ya.

Now reconnect the positive cable. Careful, no sparks now.

Get in the vehicle, turn ignition key to on (run) position, now depress fully and release the gas pedal 5 times to set the TPS to WOT. (Make sure the floor mats do not keep the pedal from going WFO)

Turn the key to off, wait a min, and you should have cleared everything in the ECU except for the factory programming.

The hard dump does not effect the (factory) alarm, the only thing I noticed is my radio presets, as this method came from a working Chrysler tech, I doubt if there are any negative effects.

When you have the new codes, you may have better idea what's wrong.

Keep us posted okay?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.