DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my buddy that works at the local dealership do an Oil change about 2 months ago. I told him I wanted the Flash done even though it was NOT hunting through gears in tow/haul mode. I read posts where people said It made their truck quicker and all that. NOW.... once in a while, maybe half dozen to dozen times, after putting it in drive the trans will slip for about a second or two. WTF over.... I know for a FACT that this did not happen at all before the flash because I am wicked anal about the way my truck operates. Can I UNDO the flash, it is pissing me the F#@$ off. :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT:

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does it when warm usually, anyone?????

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has this happened to anyone before or did I mess up my transmission?

·
RPM
168 Posts
I don't think this is a big deal, because it happens a lot with the 545RFE tranny. It has to do with the fact that there are no check valves in the torque converter to prevent the tranny fluid from draining out of the converter and back to the sump when the truck is shut down for a while. Nothing is actually "slipping" when this happens. The smaller amount of tranny fluid in the converter temporarily converts it into a "high stall" converter until the pump fully fills it with tranny fluid again. My truck does this for a few seconds every day when I start it to go home from work.

I doubt that the flash had anything to do with it. Mine did it before the flash and continues to do it after the flash.

Nothing to worry about.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was freaking when this first happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.