DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 4X4, short bed, club cab, 5.9L V8 SFI OHV 16V. It is "slipping" between 2nd & 3rd. She winds out to 3200 to 3800 RPM, 48 MPH to 58MPH & never seems to shift into the higher gear--I back off & haven't pushed it to higher speeds (<50mph). I'm told I need a new transmission. The truck has 113,000 miles on her. Is it worth spending the 2500 to 4000 $$ to do this or should I just try to sell her for $3,800.00 acknowledging the tranny problem? Does this sound unfixable & I really requiring replacement? How much do you think it should cost? (Connecticut) Does anyone want to buy a great truck w/ a suspect tranny for 3800?

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
really, it depends on shape of truck. if the truck is in good shape and is running good i would replace transmission. you can get a jasper completely remanufactured for around 2500 or so and it is better then rebuilt. rebuilt only replaces parts that are worn where remanufactured replaces all parts and also redesigned to help the performance. also i have heard people talk about dr. evil transmissions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the whole inner parts ( bands vale body cluthes and all that stuff )
done on m,ine for 1700 it was well worth it

Make sure you take it to someone who know about the dodge tranny problems
and can correct them

·
Pudge
297 Posts
Does your check engine light come on?? I changed the speedometer sensor, when my sensor went bad on me i had all sorts of troubles with the tranny. some nights coming home from work i would lose every gear exept 1st so it made for long nights coming home.Other times i would slip in and out of gears, i would check your sensor first dodges are bad for that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.