DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 93 d150 with a 318, when I put the truck in reverse or drive. I have to rev it up at bit for it to "catch" and start moving. Its a problem that started a few months ago but it would only do it here and there. It does seem a little loud but I dont have any carpet or anything down on the floor right now so I cant tell if it is accually considered loud. Any ideas??

·
Registered
267 Posts
Assuming your fluid level is correct, this is often a symptom of low oil pressure, from a worn pump, faulty pressure regulation, or worn passages in the valve body, or a combination of all these.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 2nd gen 3500 dually that I installed a new Suncoast transmission and TC in. Right from the get-go I had the same issue. The truck would need about 30 seconds to 1 minute of run time after sitting for an extended period of time to pump oil back into the TC. (oil levels were all at proper level). Talked with Suncoast and they said that it could be expected to do that from time to time as the oil migrated into the tranny over a period of time and needed to refill the TC during initial startup.

Had no problems as the transmission TC combination would pull a house off the foundation so just took the good with the bad.

ram5thwheel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.