DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard from someone, that I can mix some transmission oil with a full tank of diesel. Was told it should clean the injectors and also lube the O-rings and other stuff. Heard of this in the big rigs.

Anyone else doing this? Do you use the cheap or expensive transmission oil? What are the benefits you are getting?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I wouldn't do it in MY truck, but I guess that is just me.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Just get some additives that are made to be put in your fuel. Power Service, Stanadyne, etc.....

·
Registered
810 Posts
If I remember right, my owners manual specifically said NOT to do that. Check your manual out.

·
Registered
377 Posts
ATF fluid is not meant to be burned. It creates an ash when it is burned when is something you really don't want or need in your engine.

If you insist on running an additive, get something that is meant to be used as an additive. You've spent the money on the truck, don't skimp on the stuff you need for it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Know any one who makes BioDiesel? Add a gallon of that, than fill your tank. It will clean out every thing. It will also lube every thing as well.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've heard of adding regular motor oil or kerosene, but not ATF. I wouldn't try it either, just get the stuff made for fuel. A dose Power Service is cheaper then quart ATF anyway.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just heard the same thing at the dealer Friday. I was in getting my speedo reprogrammed and the Fleet Manager was talking about "Off-Road Diesel". He said it is dyed red and the fines are enormous if used on road. Anyway, long story short, he said it's common among diesel guys to put a little ATF in to clean the injectors. Bad thing is it makes the diesel turn the same color as off-road diesel.

Whether right or wrong... I have no idea... but I've heard of it too.

·
HILLBILLY DELUXE
4,907 Posts
STANADYNE works for me and it's in the negatives up here lately!! Dealer told me it would void warranty if they found "ash" deposits :dunno: . i've also heard of power service and howes does really good. They don't sell either around me so i go with stanadayne. Take it easy and good luck...

·
Registered
595 Posts
dachman1 said:
Bad thing is it makes the diesel turn the same color as off-road diesel.
That’s all well and good. How ever, whens the last time you saw or even heard of a non commercial truck getting checked for using untaxed fuel on the road?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I have been dipped 3 times in the last 10 years. Happens all the time around here. If you live anywhere near farm country it is a common occurence

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.