DodgeTalk Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I would like to thank no_common _sence for the work he did in fixing my transmission problem. I new it had to be something simple and he found it quickly and made a total repair. The trip home was much quicker. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your new job.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Flightsimmer'02 brought the van to me and after I got it fixed, he asked me to share said fix and some insight into my process to diagnose it. The short answer for the fix is I found a break in two of the wires going to the solenoid pack. One was the main power wire to the solenoid pack and the other was the TCM control wire for the OD solenoid. The insulation broke open on both of them inside the primary harness about halfway between the solenoid pack and the TCM. They eventually became overgrown with green crusty oxidation and caused a voltage drop. I'm going to save the diag write up for another post. The way I write about stuff like this walks a dangerous line between being thorough or verbose. In the meantime, here's a crappy pic that looked much better on my phone. Ironically, you're looking for the green fuzzy spots on the wires.

This is insane. How did a transmission shop not catch this? Checking the integrity of the wiring harness is literally repair #101. If they had simply opened the harness or even done some resistance checking they would have spotted this quickly. Amazing.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts