DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Dodge Intrepid SE 2.7L with 170,xxx miles.... My check engine light came on and is showing the codes P0562, P1776, P0871, P0441, P0700, and P0440. While driving, if i brake too hard or accelerate too fast the car jerks and then i only have 1st and 2nd gear. If i shut the car off and turn it back on everything runs normal again until i brake too hard or accelerate too fast again. i had my battery and alternator checked and both tested good. any idea what could be causing these codes and why only 1st and 2nd gear when i brake and/or accelerate?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I have played around with trying to reproduce my problem and hard braking and fast acceleration have nothing to do with the transmission going into limp mode. i have changed the way i drive over the last few days and now it seems as if the only time it goes into "limp mode" is after i set cruise control. could this be an issue with my TCM OR PCM? I have replaced my battery due to the P0562 code.

·
Registered
179 Posts
P0440 and P0441 are typical trouble some issues. Its a needle in the haystack at times. As for the other codes like P1776 is a bad solenoid valve which may involve replacing the valve body and solenoid pack while P0700 is letting you know the TCM isn't liking it. If you do your own work a trip to the junkyard is in order and would be easier to swap out the transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.