DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had an XM radio installed by Circuit City and noticed shortly afterwards the right front tire area made a clunk and would not shift when under power. Stopped at Advanced Auto and left the car running and they ran a check on the engine codes and found a couple codes
PO700 - Trans Control System Malfunction
P1776 - Manfacurer Contrl Transmission
P0441 - EVAP Emission Control system Purge Flow Fault

Anyone aware of installing a XM radio causing the transmission to act funny.
I pulled over after leaving Advanced Auto, shut the engine off and pulled the radio out of the holder, restarted the car and it shifted normally. Don't know if shutting the car off or pulling the radio made the difference.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

· Registered
179 Posts
Circuit City screwed your car. I bet they didn't disconnect the battery when they installed it. The code p0700 means the TCM is going out. The TCM module needs to be replaced and it should fix it. If not then you're going to have to replace a few parts in the tranny.

As for P0441 it can be the following,
1)Evaporative Canister on top of the fuel tank (Apparently there is some sensor attached to the EVAP Canister that goes bad?)
2)Purge Valve
3)Vacuum Lines
4)Gas cap not on tight

· 2.7 Trauma Surgeon
967 Posts
TCPMeta said:
Circuit City screwed your car. I bet they didn't disconnect the battery when they installed it. The code p0700 means the TCM is going out. The TCM module needs to be replaced and it should fix it.
Hi TCP!

P0700 means a transmission trouble code has been set. Could be a bad sensor. It doesnt mean the TCM is going bad. P0700 is just a tells you that the engine ECM sees a transmission trouble code. You would have to get the transmission scanned to see what the code is.

I would certainly be bitchin at Circuit City-- Maybe just take it back there and have them hook it up properly, and see if your trans code goes away.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've given Circuit City a call and they said they would be happy to check it to make sure it's hooked up correctly. They mentioned they tapped into the hot wire going to the radio. I was not there during the installation to know if they disconnected the battery before installing the radio.
Thanks for the information. I've been doing a little troubleshooting by driving without turning the radio on to see if it continues to act up.
Appreciate the replies, I'm new to the web site and it sure appreciate the help.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I stopped by one of the local transmission shops and showed them the codes from where Advance Auto Parts pulled the codes.
PO700 - Transmission Control Sys Malfuction
P1776 - Manfacurer Control Transmission

The local transmission shop got on the computer in the office and looked up the P1776 and said the problem is a Solenoid Low Reverse Valve. And it's probably sticking. Also mentioned the transmission would need to be totally rebuilt with all the new advanced parts and would cost $1800.00. How's that for not even seeing the vehicle. I'm definetely in the wrong business.
Question: When Advanced Auto Parts scanned the code, is that the same as getting the transmission scanned? Is the P1776 code the specific issue?
This is the first transmission place I stopped at, needless to say I'm going to need to find other places for pricing.

Traced the XM radio wiring down and found they tapped into the cigeratte lighter. I don't think that would cause the transmission issue would it?

Happy Thankgiving everyone.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A friend at work gave me a place to have it checked. They ran it through the tester and said the solinoid pack and the valve body is causing the problem and I caught it soon enough that they would not have to replace any thing other than that. Cost $723.00. A heck of lot better than $1800.00 that Aamco wanted to charge.
My understanding is these larger shops want to rebuild the transmission instead of fixing what the problem is. My recommendation is to have three transmission places check a problem out and go from there. Also got a 12 month warranty with the work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.