DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some help I havea 2000 dodge dakota with a 4.7l v8 automatic trans. When you are running 60 mph down the road ( havent tested it at any other speeds) and you mash the throttle, it will bounce off the rev limiter and then a few senconds later like 10-15 seconds slam into gear. has anyone expierenced this problem it haas two fault codes for the trans now that it has done this. I cant rememeber what the numbers are on them ill give that info later this evening. If you are in first gear and peg it it will just eat the rear tires and not miss a beat. If you roll into it and let it down shift and then peg it it does fine as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like there is an internal issue. It shouldn't rev at all when you "hit it". That is an electronic shift tranny. So if it revs, then there is prolly a piece of something that got in the wrong place in the tranny.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I have 02 2500 truck 4x4 auto I have lost reverse and it will also not shit into third or overdrive any help please
i can't help except by telling you that you should start a thread in the drive train forum that way you don't get lost in this thread and it may be seen by some of our tranny guys.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had a similar issue on my ram. It would rev up before shifting. You had to be on the throttle pretty good but it would do it in every gear. I changed the trans filters and put new fluid in and its been fine ever since.

·
Confounded Thang
8 Posts
Have you considered checking your TV cable for adjustment and/or binding?

Additionally, your TPS sensor might a factor as well as they can go out. Testing this would be seeing how it sits idle it may randomly rise up/down RPMS. Another is getting to Overdrive and the RPMS also rise up/down unreasonably.

At least a couple things to do that don't cost money, won't get you too dirty, and to rule out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.