Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 2006 dodge dakota V8 with an automatic transmission. About 220000 miles

For the last two weeks I have occaisionally gotten a series of codes, which often reset themselves after a few miles. Now this seems to be occuring everyday.

I am an amature mechanical type and I have never taken my truck into a repair shop (mainly to avoid rape and save money). I bought the truck new. I changed the trany fluid every 60k or so. And yes, I have been monitoring the fluid daily.

Electronic automatic transmissions are out of my league though. At least to date...

Anyway, today I had codes PO882 P0734 and P0841.

On other occaisions, days, I have also had P0700, P0846, P0871, P0876, and P0988.

I am just looking for any advice someone might share. Has anyone else had issues like this and had it turn out not to be a new or rebuilt transmisson?

Has anyone had it turn out to just be sensors or other electronic components?

What happened when your truck did this?

I'm fairly low income right now and, even if I wasn't, I am not sure if it is worth putting a different trany in this truck. It has been a great truck and I would love to have it last longer, but I really need to look at the return on my money.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wish I could help

Not sure what your codes are telling you as I don't have a book handy. I believe most modern (electronic ) transmission are controlled by a computer. The also have a shift position sensor that tells the computer which gear you have selected. Either one could go out intermittently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.