DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got my shift kit installed. BUT she will not downshift when i slam on it has no kick down for passing. any ideas??? when they installed it he said he set my tranny line preasure to normal because its a stock engine and the max setting is for heavy modded engines. etc like drag cars. everything works well when i manual shift it. just when i put it in D she wont kick down to first or higher speed down to 2nd either first gear will go to 50 2nd will go to 80 and 3rd on. but if im doing 20-30 it stays in 2nd and if im over 40 it wont kick to 2nd. but is very strong when i manual shift things. any ideas would be helpful. governer preasure sensor selonoid replaced.

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
One of the main reasons for installing a shift kit is to increase line pressure. This firms up shifts and increases the shift rpm slightly.
The pressure transducer should have also been replaced and could be the problem.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
First off, make sure there are no codes and the TV cable is adjust correctly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just replaced my govenor pressure Solenoid and transducer in a kit lastnight that i got from cascade transmission. I was having similar issues with shifting problems and it getting stuck in first or taking off in second gear. The kit came with alot of extra parts i did not think i was going to use until i found that my 3-4 accumulator spring for overdrive was broken in a million pieces. Everything is running good for me. I would check that accumulator spring, it is located on a plate on the drive side valve body. Easy as hell to check took me 30 seconds. I honestly did not think i would find anything, but im glad i did. Hope this helps Hass!

2001 Dodge Ram "Offroad" - 20 Weld racing rims, Cold air induction, Air raid throttle body spacer, Magna flow Exh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.