DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After changing the battery in my truck the service 4WD light came on and it will no longer go into 4WD. Had it hooked up to computer and it can't find anything wrong. My trunk was one of the ones that was recalled so the module could be reprogrammed to prevent it from slipping into neutral and rolling away. Is it possible that when I disconnected the battery the program for the module got wiped out and it needs to be reprogrammed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I work with someone whos mother work for a Dodge dealership. She talked to the service manager there and they said that the module needs to be reprogrammed & the want to charge me $40.00 to do it. This sounds fishy to me. You me to tell me that every time the battery get disconnected I have to pay to get the truck reprogrammed. Can someone verify this.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Send an email to got_torque he is a good friend of mine.. and he is a technician at a dodge/chrysler/jeep dealership in dallas.

make sure you send him an email, and not a PM, he rarely logs on this site, so if you send a PM, he probably wont see it for 3 months.

His email is [email protected] and for the title put "Brian22 sent me to you"

he knows me, that way if he sees my name, he wont delete it and mark it as spam lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.