DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
06 Daytona #350
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinkin about getting a trans temp gauge and wasn't sure about how they install. i live in an apartment and don't have any place to pull the pan or anything crazy. is there any digital ones where there is just wire splicing?

and always remember,
it's always ok to kill Nazis and zombies

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
Take a look at the attached pic. I just bought one of these and the install was simple. The brass tee that you see splices into the tranny line. No need to pull the pan. I got it from Summit Racing for less than $50. Took about 1 1/2 hours total. Good luck!

·
06 Daytona #350
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice, does it make a mess? do you have to cut the line? also i wanted to use a gauge pod. does the gauge come out of the housing?

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Another option some of the guys are running is to get a new (extra capacity) tranny pan, with the transducer hole already tapped.

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
Mess? Just some minor dripping of fluid after cutting the line. Not even enought to add more fluid when done. Yes, you must cut out approx 1" of tranny line for the sensor manifold. Just get you one of those mini tube cutters and you'll be ok. The guage dial is 2 1/16" in size and that's the same size used in some gauge pods. So yes, I'm 99% certain it'll mount in a pod. Good luck!

·
06 Daytona #350
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot. i'll probably go with that.

·
Registered
644 Posts
ScojoDak said:
Take a look at the attached pic. I just bought one of these and the install was simple. The brass tee that you see splices into the tranny line. No need to pull the pan. I got it from Summit Racing for less than $50. Took about 1 1/2 hours total. Good luck!

Is this an electrick gauge or a mechanical gauge? Id that black roll of stuff wire or small diameter tubing?

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
jmaack, it's electrical.

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
Question:

Why do you need both fittings?

and

Did you cut the rubber tubing or the metal tubing to install this?

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
There are two brass fittings enclosed in the b+m kit to be used depending on the size of your tranny lines. One fitting is for 5/16" diameter and the other is for 3/8" lines. My 1999 5.2 automatic has 3/8" inch tranny lines. Those fittings use "crimp" inserts that are used on metal tubing. They're a no brainer type of fitting. Just make sure that the tranny line is ALL THE WAY inside the fittting before you tighten it up. That way there wont be any leaks. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.