DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the factory have electrical tape on the connector that you would normally put the resistor on the trans. The reason I ask is because I bought my truck used and it has always had kind of a hard part throttle shift. It's not as smooth as the other auto dodges I own. I read grimreapers thread about his resistor going bad so I thought maybe the previous owner installed a resistor. I haven't had a chance to really get into, I only shined a flashlight underneath and saw a small amount of electrical tape at the end of the plastic wire loom. If this is factory than I will safely assume that it was untouched, otherwise I will dig deeper to see if I do in fact have a resistor in place.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Dodge uses electrical tape all over the place in their wiring. Kind of cheesy if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodge uses electrical tape all over the place in their wiring. Kind of cheesy if you ask me.
I might try to change the filters and fluid this weekend if I have time, Im at 33k so its about time I suppose. It feels about the same with or without the superchips only difference is its at a slightly higher rpm with the superchips

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
yes mine did. tink on the indivdual wires where they extend past the harness cover.
the resister goes between wires (vs in-line) so you'd see it if one was installed at that end of the wiring.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah its not there, if I give it a little more gas then it doesn't shift as hard. Maybe I am just not use to driving an auto. Its time for a fluid/filter change anyways so Ill try to get to that asap and see if that helps any

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Any chance it might have a Shardon valve body in it? Sometimes those are are a tad harsh at light throttle.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any chance it might have a Shardon valve body in it? Sometimes those are are a tad harsh at light throttle.
I have no idea. I bought it used so I have no idea. I doubt there is anyway to tell by just looking at it is there?

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
If you drop the pan you could tell. it would have transgo shift kit plate on the end with a bunch of extra screws.
I wouldn't think it would have sharadon vb unless it had some other mods too from the previous owner.
There would probably be tale tell signs of it being raced too like tire rubber under the bed

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you drop the pan you could tell. it would have transgo shift kit plate on the end with a bunch of extra screws.
I wouldn't think it would have sharadon vb unless it had some other mods too from the previous owner.
There would probably be tale tell signs of it being raced too like tire rubber under the bed
Is there something different about the transgo shift plate, does it say transgo or anything?

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Yes it says transgo on the face

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.