DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any tricks to removing the oil pump on the transmission of a V8 Dakota? I think the trans is a 46RH.
Thanks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
It is pretty much straight forward once you get the trans out. Just pull the converter, then pull the cover off the pump and it will be right there.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. I have a friend that is having a hard time getting the pump out. He is going to try another tool today and if he still can't get it off he will give me a call.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The pump is bolted together from the back side (front and rear halves). Pull all the bolts from the front behind the torq con. Forget how many (8 or 10?). Two of the holes are threaded for the next oversize thread. Install the correct size threaded bolts in these two holes with a piece of chain or use a threaded slide hammer to knock the pump forward. The important thing is to get it out straight. Don't get it cocked in the bore. To install, put vaseline around the rubber seal and the trans housing and use all the bolts to gradually and evenly reseat the pump. Hope this helps you.

Tranny man since 1982.
God bless

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks we were able to get it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.