DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Kyle
469 Posts
My reverse went out on mine, they said a snap ring fell out and cycled through my whole tranny. Cost me 1800 for a whole rebuild, came with a 3 year 36 thousand mile warranty. I got it done at Pro Transmission, theres alot around in the US which is nice. Also they stand behind all there work. :tup:

·
Silver Bullet
214 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my Chevy also. It happened 2 times.

·
Registered
257 Posts
thats not bad at all

·
Rockin' the free world
152 Posts
^^^ any idea on the cost for a rebuild? is that what they are doing?
All done under warranty...they said a pump failed on it. Was supposed to pick it up Saturday, but they said after rebuild it was still wonky.

Hopefully we get it back next week..

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Doh!

·
MNST#1
450 Posts
Took mine for a limp mode drive yesterday morning and decided to stop in at a friends shop.. We put it on the lift an dropped the pan.. Didn't look good. Clutch materiel everywhere. So 45 min later the tranz was out an on the bench.. Yep.. Had a few burnt clutches.. Found some Alto Reds local so they went in and the trans is back up in the truck.. Just got to do the little stuff like driveshaft..o2's fluids.. cleanup.. Should be back out on the road by 10..

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
If the fluid is brownish, then you prolly got the fluid too hot and baked the clutches. You really need to check how much the Hellas are blocking the trany cooler. If you drop your pan and it is full of material, you will most likely need to replace the trans cooler as well. My trans went out at 5k and they replaced it and the converter, but left the cooler, well it was constricted and if it wasn't for my trany gauge, I would have burned up another one. Good luck, I too know the feeling of loosing a trany.

·
Chad Loves His Hemi
447 Posts
Sorry to hear... I truly hope It's something smaller and not a blown tranny!

·
Im wired!!!
2,344 Posts
that sucks

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.