DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranny torture

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  presurpt 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 Dakota, 4x4 w/ 3.9liter. Tranny recently went out {lost all gears} Since I had the tranny rebuilt {5 speed manual} at a cost of $1948.oo I've only put on 4k easy road miles and now have no second gear!! I'm looking to fix this one and get out of Dakota's all together or change to a tranny style w/less problems. The tranny shop states the model of my tranny is very hard to find and took them 3 weeks to find one back east last time. Any suggestions? Thank you :(

#3 ·
I sure appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure which way I'm going to go yet. I need to get more info on which tranny's will bolt up, how much it entails to switch to a automatic etc. It seems that it would probably be easier to stick with a manual tranny @ this point. Thanks, I'll keep it mind!

#4 ·
if everything ive read is right you have at least a nv3500 maybe a 3500HD they both should be able to handle 300+ foot Lb
if you need more power handlening then that the nv4500 should fit again thats what i hear
im hunting a 3500Hd to put in my 92 standard cab short bed 4x4 i would go nv4500 but i dont want /need the granny first gear

#5 ·
Thanks for the info. Thinking about pulling the whole drive train out and starting from scratch, love the Dakota... just P.O'd about the tranny thing. $5.ooo for the truck, $2000 for the "manual" tranny, & I've only put a ttl of about 12ooo miles on it. Feel like I've been took. Love to drive the truck though. Still in Limbo. Thanks bro :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.