DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get this "bump" when cruising real slow? I've got an '03 QC SB w/ 5-45RFE and the updated flash....has done this since day one....I've reported it in warranty, so I might drop by and have them look at it....I've got 40,500 mi on it...

It's weird....I notice it in parking lots or on the highway during rush hour.....when cruising under 15 MPH I feel a slight bump as if someone tapped me from behind....today I was in a wally world parking lot, it was real quiet...had the windows down...and I heard something like a valve open to release pressure and I felt the thump.....it can happen in any gear, I've noticed it 1 and 2...but it's not when it's shifting...it seems to do this more on roads with a slight grade if i'm headed down hill...

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is, but I don't feel it....seriously, it feels as if you've been tapped by car....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same type of problem. The transmission has been gone through (new clutches and seals) and the famous pinion seal replaced. But it hasn't cured the "clunk". My issue is mostly with the shift from 2-3 but, it seems to happen in the 1-2 shift sometimes. There seems to be a "loose" feeling in the drive train.
There is a slight down hill coming into work in the morning and about once a week it "hunts" between gears for a second and clunk!

I have zero trust/faith in the dealership.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Mine does it too... Another instance where I feel it REAL bad is when coasting around 35 and the tranny goes to downshift... Sometimes it jerks really hard... Just here lately its started to raise an eyebrow... I aint so sure I dig that if ya know what I mean...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Mine does it too, mabey its just normal. these trannies seem to get confused sometimes, if ya know what i mean.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could care less if the thing shits all over itself....as long as it's covered by warranty....hell, I'm on my second one already...got replaced @ 2k.....40,800 now...I need to service it though

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but it happends while coasting.....how could that be? I could understand under accelleration, but...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Glad I saw this post. I have it too. Also since day one. Truck now has about 12,000 miles on it. Had the tranny flash done too. It only happens to me going downhill. It happens at exactly 12mph. I can actaully watch the speedometer and know when the thump is coming. It does feel like someone is tapping you from behind. On my way to work there are a couple hills and traffic is always backed up. If I stop in the middle of the hill, then take my foot off the brake to start rolling when traffic starts moving, it's as if the tranny shifts from 1st to 2nd with the thump/bump. However, I've noticed if I give it a little gas before I hit 12mph, then it's smooth. Almost as if it takes a little tranny pump speed to ease the shift. Funny thing is, after this happens while stuck in traffic, the tranny shifts weird for a day or so until I go somewhere with no traffic and can just cruise, then after that the tranny is smooth as glass. But if I get stuck on a downhill in traffic again, it comes right back.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm....I wonder if maybe going down hill deprives the pump of fluid..?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an 03 4.7 QC 4x4 and mine does that from time to time. I am not up to date, please bear with me but what is the tranny flash? Is there a place on here I should look at for any other "flashes"? Mine is at 42,500 and still going great, but on it's 3rd freaking radiator cap due to the fluid coming out the overflow. New cap fixes that apparently.
Thanks!
Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.