DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is someone out there thats hooked up the sender to the 48RE tranny using a "T" directly into the trans. Don't like the idea of cutting the line. And which is the out line? Any photos?
Thanks,
Dave
:gr_patrio

04.5 3500 CTD
Banks exhaust, AFE
Auto-meter gages
still adding....

12K Titanium 5th wheel

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
let me look and i can get back to you on this i did it on my truck and it works great. but mine is a 03 4.7 not a nice rig like yours lol. here ia a link to the 04 ram manual www.hemitruckclub.com/04manual/ hope that helps you. on my trans. the line coming out of the trams to the cooler was the upper and most forward line. sort of diagnal to the hoter line if you can follow me on this. now that was on the 545rfe trans though so checkthe manual and ill get a few pics tomarrow in the daylight for you.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
here is what i found for you in the manual. its under the section "DR service manual" on the bookmarks section of the acrobat reader. it will pop open the "DR gas powertrain" section so you will have to use the (-) to colapse it to find the service man. once in the service manual go to page 1845 this page has a picture(tryed to cut and paste it here but cant) of the pressure test ports on your tranny. (read dont have to cut the cooler lines)all you would have to do is unbolt the cap and replace it w/ the sending unit for the gauge you are using (might require an adapter though) and you will probably going to have to replace a little fluid once you do this because i think the caps are under the fluid level. btw USE THREAD TAPE. otherwise it WILL leak. hope this helps and if you need any more help let me know. another helpful hint the trans body is aluminum so dont over tighten the sending unit. use the thread tape and wrench it tight but dont force it on there. if you do you will strip the hole. sorry if you allready knew some of this info. i dont assume that people know what they are doing. so that way they will have all the info they need. and again if you have any questions just ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.