DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'00 2500 4x4 diesel - will not shift from first. have reverse, etc., happened about a week ago, fixed itself, now acting up again. will not correct itself this time. noticed slight roaring at high rpm, from 1500 to 2100 in first gear, about two weeks ago. not sure if related. roaring - unknown location, only in first gear. no lights on dash lit up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did that when it acted up last week...
Just pulled tranny pan, filter is clean, fluid red doesn't smell/look burnt and cleaned magnet. Didn't see any metal/chunks.

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
Sounds to me like you have some internal valve body or torque converter issues. How long ago did you get the truck? Could someone have done a filter and fluid change before you bought the truck in an attempt to hide tranny issues? When autos get well past their scheduled fluid change (60 k miles), they start to varnish up the interior of the tranny. Then someone does a fluid and filter and the detergents wash all the crud off the internals and that stuff gets pumped through the tiny passages of the VB and the clutches of the T/C. Not long after the tranny you just serviced slips and burns. Have the trans checked for pending codes (they dont flash the check engine light) and get her in for service. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but these things never really fix themselves... but you knew that. Good luck... Chris
PS
Check the throttle position sensor and the electrical connectors at the trans

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well everone, tactransman is the bomb. His first thought was right on the money. Dang tranny output sensor...

This site has been invaluable to me, and I thank all of you for the help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
just had to replace my tranny with the same problem....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.