DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running an Edge Juice w/ ATT. What percent slip is acceptable? I went into records and saw that was one of them, just curious to see what is normal or too much for max slip

thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
Not sure what normal would be. I try watch the "slip guage" when I put it on a high setting. I've seen it go up to around 2% at WOT on the extreme setting, then the box starts to defuel. I checked the records once and I saw it said like 7% or something. Now I have a manual, so I'm not sure if that was just from throttle/clutching at the same time or if the clutch was actually slipping.

BTW, when I first got the box, I never really noticed it defuel. Now on the extreme setting, I can deffinatly feel it dropping the power to save the clutch. I hardly ever use extreme, I'm no racer, I just have to smoke people sometimes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I too am curious as to what acceptable slippage levels are....I've seen as high as 10...and when I slowly lean into in while the transmission is in overdrive, I see slippage readings of about 8.4%-9.2

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else know? I have an auto transmission

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
7% is the most i saw, and is the most i would let my auto do. Any more i would be worried.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I talk to a rep at Edge and he said that even a stock truck will slip the tranny a little bit. But he also said he probably wouldn't worry until you are getting up to 10% or more, than you maybe should start worrying.

One Question I have for you guys that I forgot to ask the Edge rep. How much defueling do you notice like while doing a 1/4 mile run? I noticed that my booost goes up to like 39 and edge says you should have max set at 36 is that where i could be getting a lot of defueling?? Only shows like 1 or 2% slip but the defueling in the records after the run was like 94%???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.