DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I mentioned in a previous thread that I was having some issues with my leaking tranny. It didn't last a week and it started up again. They did put a dye in the tranny to trace the leak out after they cleaned her up the first time it was in for service. I dropped the truck off this morning for them to fix her up.
Anyway, It turned out to be a leaky shifter input shaft seal. They also had to drop the valve body to get at it. They also resealed the pan with a new gasket and new fluid. They told me after the fact I will not need to do the tranny service at 48000km or 30000 miles which was supposed to be the next oil change. They did not flush it neither or replace the filter which the mechanic said was in perfect condition. All warranty work. They just saved me $200 for that service.
They also flashed the TCM with a quick learn program.
Noticeabley shifts smoother yet firmer. So far, so good.
Anyone else had this service done to their RAMS yet?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Glad everything worked out for you so far. But I'm disappointed in the dealership & the way they handled the changing of the trans fluid. I understand that because the seal was leaking they had to drop the pan to fix it thus replacing the fluid, but they should have told you that because the main sump filter is a maintaince item & the seal problem didn't affect the filter, that they wouldn't replace it under warranty repair.

I know the main sump filter is part of the 30,000 miles(schedule B) trans service, not sure about the spin on cooler filter. They should have asked if you wanted the two filters changed because you are still responsible for at least the main sump filter at 30,000 miles. The pan was already dropped beccause of a warranty repair, how much could they have charged over the actual cost of the two filters? Probably not much & I'm speculating that you would've replaced them.

Now what happens if you don't replace the filters & trans worked needs to be done under warranty. If they want to get picky & be hard nosed about it they can say that sure the fluid was replaced but not the filters, that means neglected maintenance.

I don't think the dealership was as helpful as they could have been and didn't really look out for you in your best interest. In my opinion they should have discussed the changing of the filters with you especially with your truck being close to the 30,000 mile service interval.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.